Several versions of the GT3 cars

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Wergilius, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I have an strange behavior of the GT3 cars, every time they are updated I get an fail message.
    Still in the Packages, I have newest, previous and sometimes even older versions.

In game, only latest (it seems by the version at least) is visible.
    I have tried to unsubsribe, but it goes back to subscribe by it self.

rf2gt3.jpg

Any suggestions how to fix so there is just one version?

2. Emery

Emery Registered

You probably have Race Events that use the older versions. Until you delete the Race Events (such as the WFG competition), then you can't delete the older versions.

The two step install, where one succeeds and one fails is apparently by design. As I recall, one version is the encrypted stuff and the second version is the public parts that we're free to edit.

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I had the same thing . LIke EMERY says find the events (vmods) & uninstall them ,for me I also had to go to STEAM / INVENTORY / rF2 and unsub to the 5 cars , go start the game exit & then re- sub that's when it cleaned all the older versions out ..
    Some items cant be deleted threw the launcher or the package folder , you need to go to the "installed" folder and delete them there if they are *workshop items ...
    That's my experience anyway ..

4. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

Thank you for your suggestions, it helped a little. I delete all my events (mod), it was one with gt3:s, but should have been the newest.
    Deleted the folders and unsubscribed. When starting, the GT3s are added without me selecting them.

The oldest AMG is now gone, but I still have two version but I guess that is how it looks for everyone?

rf2gt3d.PNG

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

One of the biggest annoyances for me in RF2. Race events should also get updated to the latest version every time an asset gets updated. I'm done with creating race events because of this. I always ended up with dupes of cars/tracks in multiple versions or like it happened with the GT3 pack, every time it got an update (which is very often), the pack disappeared from my race events I had it selected for and the event became useless.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes.

Wergilius likes this.