Several Multiplayer Problems

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by colinL, May 4, 2017.

1. colinL

colinL Registered

Hello Community,

I'm experiencing several problems when hosting/trying to host multiplayer sessions for me and my friend.
    First of all, in Singleplayer I like to race with the LMP1+2 and GTE classes. I do that by using the mods from United Racing Design (PX and EGT) and Enduracers Endurance Series (for the LMP2 class). So, with Enduracers mod come more or less all skins for the 2015 Le Mans 24 hours, but the URD mod comes with no skins as it is a pay mod. Long story short: I've installed a skinpack for the URD cars. I installed the skins into the player/settings folder (they were folders, no rcfmp files). Now when I want to create my own race events for multiplayer servers (or mod packages as it is called in MAS2) I can select the single cars from the URD mods and the whole Endurance series mod. So far so good but in the next step where I have a more detailed selection of the track layouts and cars I'd usually select just Le Mans 2015 stuff.. But the skins (over 100+!) of the URD cars won't be displayed. Endurance Series cars are fine though, I get all the hundreds of cars displayed. But why can't I see the skins for the URD cars. I can only choose between the default skins of the URD cars... As you could imagine this bugs me really... Is it with all skins like that? Is there a special procedure to add these skins in the car selection of MAS 2?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are two pics to show the problem.

Now to the second problem. I've also downloaded Flat6 Series and wanted to do a little session with my friend (we've successfully hosted F1 2017 and World GT3 Series sessions before)
    Now I wanted to do a race with Flat 6 series on ISI's Silverstone. So far so good, created the package, fired up the server, joined it and drove. But my friend couldn't connect (We both have Enduracers Flat6 on Steam Workshop). Now every time when he wanted to join there was a message coming up "no such file or directory" before he even got to join the server. On the same afternoon I hosted a GT3 Session with Simtek's GT3 cars on ISI's Silverstone and we successfully raced. After that GT3 race we wanted to go on the Nurburgring. So we downloaded this Nurburgring here : http://www.bsimracing.com/rfactor-2-nordschleife-v2-01-released/
    Then I created the package and fired up the server. I could join, everything perfect, when he wanted to join he got the "no such file or directory" again. So to sum it up: Simtek GT3 on ISI Silverstone works, Flat 6 on ISI Silverstone doesn't work, Simtek GT3 on Nordschleife doesn't work, F1 Fanatic 2017 on ISI Silverstone works.
    What the hell am I doing wrong? When I create a race event or package or whatever you wanna call it, it saves in rFactor 2 Packages folder. Do I need to send him that rcfmp file? But that wouldn't explain why F1 2017 on Silverstone and GT3 on Silverstone worked though.

I'd be glad to hear a solution to this.

Have a nice day! :)

2. colinL

colinL Registered

*BUMP*

3. colinL

colinL Registered

Come on I can't be the only one with problems like this... :(

4. scalino

scalino Registered

no, you're not. It's been two times I experienced it trying to join one-off events from the ChecqueredFlagEndurance league.
    I had done the whole CFEG Endurance season (with some mod upgrades along the way) and never had any issue then.
    For their 12h of Le Mans, they had to create a specific mod including GTE, P2s and P3s too, version they called v2.03. When trying to join server, I got the 'no such file or directory' message. They made me uninstall the workshop version, which didn't change anything.
    The only solution consisted in getting manually the proper .rcfmp file in addition to the workshop item (I guess they didn't use the auto-getmod option, in order not to overcharge their server with ppl dloading the whole Endurance series mod files, but it probably impacts the P3 cars part of the thing (or sth like that...). The worst thing being I'm the only guy who had that issue (or almost, the great majority didn't have any pb)

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Your first problem isn't really a bug, you can only select cars that are included in the component when you create a mod. When you added them to your userdata folder, that's not in the component. You would need to make a new mod with the skins included.

The Iron Wolf likes this.