Setting Up A server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Jul 3, 2018.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Can anyone provide a simple series of steps please to setup a server including port forwarding details? Would be immensely grateful as it has been a long while since I have done this. I remember it being quite complicated before...so any help gratefully received.

Thank you!

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thank you very much

4. Depco

Depco Registered

It would be nice if S397 could streamline the server setup a little bit. As it currently stands alot of the minutia of the server needs to be setup in the .json files. I am certainly hoping the new UI and competition structure comes with a rework of the Server UI as well.

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

GrimDad likes this.
  6. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

After ending my 5+ years membership this again shows how much more advanced and specially user friendly iRacing similiar server setup is.
    Because iRacings (more or less automatic) hosted session setup does show how easy this can be made - if the devs does their job.
    Hehe or are interrested:D
    No fancy and difficult voodoo knowledge is nessesary to setup "your own" private league server in iRacing.
    Hehe the most obvious reason competing sims (like rF2) still have a chance to compete is because iRacing (still) has the most lousy TM and car behaviour on the planet.:rolleyes: