Setting a Dedi Server with McLaren_650S_GT3

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Ross Hawkey, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You have PM

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Btw. It was @Christopher Elliott who told me that before creating vmod with pay mods that you must start rFactor2 single player and exit.

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If you open mod manager and point out MClaren is there update to it?

4. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

If you open mod manager and point out MClaren is there update to it? I'm sorry, from where? I don't use mod manager on my Race PC.

Also Malaysia v1.7? That's another d'load. The old ISI Malaysia is v1.58 as far as I can see.

Edit: Subscribed to the workshop Malaysia now and d'loading.

It shouldn't be this tough.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

rFactor2 root folder, 32bit folder.
    Malaysia ver.1.7 is the latest version.

6. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

Edit: Subscribed to the workshop Malaysia now and d'loading.

So why hasn't steam just updated it? That's not an urgent question. I'm just wondering how it didn't auto update?

Is it 'cos Studio 397 are dropping the ISI from the names?

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Go to rFactor2 root folder>cache and copy Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp.cache and paste it to packages foler. Rename it to Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp . Open mod manager, point out Mclaren and click update.

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I had this problem also, the way I got it working was to generate the lock file on the server, then copy It from the server to my pc, generate the unlock file and then copy only the unlock file back to the server.

Ari Antero likes this.
  9. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

Thanks for all the help, but I'm having issues I don't understand:

1/. RaceConnect has had 4 rfactor2 championships running all year without any issues. We have a Blancpain GT (Simtek GT3), ELMS (Enduracers), Historic F3 (ISI Historics), and Lola T280 (T280 mod). All championships and servers run reliably and without issue. I'm not thinking that the server has any problems.

However, you say :
    rFactor2 root folder, 32bit folder.
    Malaysia ver.1.7 is the latest version.

There are no tracks in either my Race PC or the Dedi in the 32bit folder?

You say:
    Go to rFactor2 root folder>cache and copy Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp.cache
    There is no Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp.cache file.

I do have a Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp in my packages folder, and when I go to mod manager, it's all showing there, with no option to 'update'.

I don't understand what's going on. Our cache folder's newest file is dated 2016, yet all of our other mod/rfm's are working fine...without any 'cache' files in there.

It's like we're talking about 2 different sims. I'll be speaking to another Admin in a few days, and will ask him some questions on TS. Maybe he'll have an idea.

Thanks for all the time to try to help.

10. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

Goanna,: I had this problem also, the way I got it working was to generate the lock file on the server, then copy It from the server to my pc, generate the unlock file and then copy only the unlock file back to the server.

Thx for reply, but, I've tried that, but it hasn't worked.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Is this typo ? If it isn`t rename Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp.rfcmp to Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

13. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

Is this typo ? If it isn`t rename Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp.rfcmp to Mclaren_650S_GT3_217v123.rfcmp

Yes, it's clearly a typo from copy/pasting what you'd typed. Otherwise it wouldn't be showing as fine on the Mod manager, and it's getting late, and I've been wasting hours of time on something that shouldn't have these issues.

I'll edit the other post.

14. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

I've replied on the pm Ari.

We'll forget trying this any longer. There's clearly a fundamental issue with our dedi installation (notwithstanding the fact we've been running rf2 championships for the last 4 or 5 years), from before the Steam days, to the current Steam rF2 installation with no issues, but now, upon release of the McLaren GT3, it seems our Dedi isn't working correctly. I don't get that, but if it's working for others, then it must be our problem.

Somehow this McLaren GT3 has some code in it which is causing our Dedi to 'NOT WORK'.

It seems no end of links to forums, and trying the same thing over and over again is going to resolve it.

So unless someone comes up with a 'Do this and it will work'....that hasn't already been tried multiple times, if people read this thread, then there's little point in anyone posting anything here any more.

Thanks for all the attempted help.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I posted wrong link sorry. Try to download from new PM link :)

16. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Just one other thing, when you say you didn't have any update showing in mod manager did you have both ver 1.22 and 1.23 in your packages folder. They both came together and I had to install 1.22 first and then mod manager showed 1.23 as an update, which I then did.

17. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

They both came together and I had to install 1.22 first and then mod manager showed 1.23 as an update, which I then did.
    SO you created the mod/rfm with 1.22 and then updated it? I've not tired that, but earlier in the thread, I'm sure I've been asked to just use the newest files?

Edit, I can't create a mod/rfm using v1.22 as there are no car/models available for selection when running the gMotors Mas file utility.

So no progress there. Sorry

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't think he refers to mod creation but to component installing.

However I don't fully understand what he says. If you are subscribed to McLaren when you open the launcher it installs both 1.22 and 1.23 automatically.

In order to have the mentioned behaviour he must have previously moved the rfcmps from the workshop folder in the steam directory to the packages folder which is not the supposed way to do it in your PC. This is something for installing content in servers where no license is used and where you cannot subscribe to the workshop unless you use your own steam ID.

19. Ross Hawkey

Ross Hawkey Registered

I am subscribed to the McLaren on my Race Pc and on our Dedi PC and we have paid for the content on both installs.

We're not trying to setup anything 'modded', just the basic McLaren GT3 package

20. lagg

lagg Registered

But you need to make a mod to create the race event
    You have the instructions here in the first post.