Set-up transfer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mixer61, Aug 6, 2018.

1. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Hi !
    How to transfer a set-up from one driver to another ?
    Thanks

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

When on the Standings in game, click on the voting down the bottom, on the right is setup click it to send to all or highlight other drivers name to send it to just him/her

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

For those who don't know:
    The person receiving the setup will find it in the Received folder.
    setup save.JPG

"There's no setups!" you say.
    Well there is 30 setups in my received folder so where are they?
    The green arrow pointing to "Vehicle" indicates it will only show received setups for that type of vehicle and guess what? Yep, I have not received any setups for this vehicle.

If you click "Vehicle" you get something like this:
    all setup.JPG

Now it shows all the setups that are in the received folder regardless of what car I'm in.
    Those setups are named with the name of who sent it followed by a number.
    If you have 2 setups from me, you would see: ADSTA01 ADSTA02.

The track you are currently at is marked with *, as you can see I'm at Portugal_GP.
    You can left click and hold then drag the setup you want into the track folder you're at.
    Then click on that folder to open the folder, highlight the setup and load that setup, then edit it, then save/rename it, then very important, Assign it.
    If you don't Assign a setup, the default setup will be loaded for the next session.

There are 2 very important player.JSON options to check.
    First one is straight forward, I have mine set to 3 .
    "Keep Received Setups":3,
    "Keep Received Setups#":"0=do not accept, 1=keep until next track, 2=keep until exit, 3=keep forever"

And again, straight forward. If set at 1 then when "Vehicle" is selected, all setups for that car (in the track folder you select) will be listed.
    The only reason this is at 0 is that I am not on my cockpit pc and don't race on this one.
    "Relevant Setups Only":0,
    "Relevant Setups Only#":"0 = show all setups in folder, 1 = only show setups for your current vehicle",

I hope this helps someone.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    McKiernan likes this.