SOLVED Server synchronising

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Simonk, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

We sometimes have an issue when we go to track at the beginning of a race and during the 30 second countdown, we have a “server synchronising” message pop up and all our steering wheels oscillate like crazy. Is there anything we can do to prevent this either on the server or locally?

delapecs likes this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Not really, you can watch the countdown time, once it starts counting down correctly, the syncing is done. I need to ask if it's possible to disable input when this is happening.

3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

most of the time it syncs for the full 30 seconds and only settles with a couple seconds to go so if it happens, we leave the track and come back just before the countdown stops. If there’s a way to disable input that would be great because the steering wheel shake is quite violent and can’t be good for the wheel base.

delapecs likes this.
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Are you doing restart race? I notice it takes a long time when you do that, I usually do /restartwarmup then do straight to race.

5. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Have the exact same problem on restart. Please Coutie, take a look on this, If it's possible disable input we will be near a solution.
    Thanks

6. Simonk

Simonk Registered

We normally restart race. I think the grid resets if we restart warmup from memory but I’ll try it next time.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

If you restart warmup, que grid remains the same.

Simonk likes this.
  8. delapecs

delapecs Registered

This weekend we decided not to directly use the dedicated server (steamcmd) to restart the races (I have two pcs and two mice) and make ourselves /admin from the game chat to be able to restart warmup and then go straight to the race. I didn't know about these UI options previously, yeah, we are almost boomers...;)

With this procedure we have not had a single synchronization problem, nor the usual shaking of the steering wheel in any race. For first time in many many years !!

Instead we had the problem with the driver positions being reset every time. I think it happened because I had to exit the game a couple of times because I ran out of FFB and had to restart the computer and re-enter the server. I hope that lightening the CPU load a bit will solve this problem (Fanatec stuff).:oops:

Anyway, I recommend to those who have had problems with wheel shaking when synchronizing on restar race to give it a try.:)