Server parameter editor

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by benmttf, Nov 5, 2015.

1. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Hello,

I'm working on a server editor for all administrator who are working hard on player.JSON and multiplayer.JSON

For now, the editor is an Excel multiple sheets but i'm trying to find a way to make it work on a standalone htm sheet or maybe a dedicated UI... The truth is that i don't now how to bring the excel file to a standalone work sheet...

Here are some alpha screen:

View attachment 18465
    View attachment 18466
    View attachment 18467
    View attachment 18468
    View attachment 18469
    View attachment 18470
    View attachment 18471
    View attachment 18472
    View attachment 18475
    View attachment 18474

I also want to add the possibility of saving/loading some exiting profil, rules, weather...

A lot of work!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Something similar (?) allready done by Noel, have a look

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

rF3 longtime off, maybe never, no matter, with hindsight.

Tim should give rF2 people like Noel proved their worth early access to rF3. :p

So he could plan and create 3PA Tools ahead of time that could be implemented with core changes. ;)

4. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Not allready done. I got about 90 race parameters and 30 administration parameter.

But thanks for the link it will help to find a way to put it in a small program like in the video

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I've released (and still work on it) someting similar, to be able to edit CustomPluginVariables.-, player.- and Multiplayer.JSON, as an online "tool".
    Click the Link in my Signature.

6. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Cool!

7. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Hello! I'm still working hard on my server editor. Now i'm trying to understand how to do my own UI to drive my parameters. Can some explain how to do?

1 - I think i have to draw all the stuff of my UI in photoshop (as it will be)
    2 - I have to create all the tga
    3 - I have to write and accomodate into the UI.OSC

I am right?

8. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Hello! ServerEditor_Beta_0.1 is ready for test! If you want the file please send me a mp :D

Translation of the Nota in french in the app...

Welcome to the Server Editor!

This application allow you to customize your server to be able to live your races completely!

For it you just have to navigate among 13 tabs (Pratice, Qualification, Qualifications Rules, Warmup, Reconnaissance Lap, Race, Stewarts, Regulation, Conditions of track and Weather report, Difficulty, AI Management, Server Options, Administration) available, collecting not less than 112 parameters!

This application is under development what means that all the features are not still operational.

Note that at the moment the application works only under Microsoft Excel 2010 or Starter 2010 under Microsoft Excel Windows 7. You can find Starter 2010 Microsoft Excel here: https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=13208

In the future, I hope to find a " standalone " solution (software or internet page). (Your help is welcome)

When you will have completed the various tabs, you will just have to make a copy and paste of tabs " Multiplayer Extract ", "Player Extract", "CustomPluginVariables Extract" and " wet Extract " * in files corresponding on your rFactor2 installation.

Files Locations:
    multiplayer. JSON:... Rfactor 2\UserData\player
    Player. JSON:... Rfactor 2\UserData\player
    CustomPluginVariables:... Rfactor 2\UserData\player
    wet:... Rfactor 2\UserData\player\Settings \ " Circuitduserveur "

WARNING: it is strongly recommended to protect your files before any modifications!

@+ Ben"