Server only Version of RF2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by FDG Dizz, Nov 18, 2015.

1. FDG Dizz

FDG Dizz Registered

Guys why can't we get a Stand alone dedicated server only version of RF2?? Seeing everyone has the game why cant there just be a version purely to run the basics off a server. The server doesn't need all the bells and whistles, generally servers dont run graphics cards (or sufficient to run high end graphics) Maybe just charge $10 for it

Dizz

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You know there is a dedi right?

3. FDG Dizz

FDG Dizz Registered

Yeah the boys are running that but it just seems as big ---- I'll check with them......

4. FDG Dizz

FDG Dizz Registered

What I think the main issue is that we are running the Lite version and there seems to be the issue that when there is an upgrade the whole program needs to to be reloaded and installed and the only option would be to purchase the complete program. What the guys are saying why do we need to have the whole program when we only need a dedicated server type.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2015
  5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not sure if you guys are getting it right though.

You can freely run a dedicated server, without having to use any account credentials. (which is rf2 lite indeed)
    You can completely ignore everything rf2 (server will also ignore the bells and whistles) and just focus on installing content and use the server windows.
    Any update to rf2 requires a reload (i.e. stop server, update, start server) which is the same for any server in any game I think.
    In order to update rf2-server you either update automatically, drop a new version over the old one or completely re-install.
    There is no need to separately purchase rf2 in order to use it as a server.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

If i understand you right, i have to ask "are you serious"?
    Downloading and installing a Lite Version if a new Build has been released is too much work?

Sorry, but :D

Or did i get you wrong?