SOLVED Server help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by zsoltbomb, Nov 16, 2022.

1. zsoltbomb

zsoltbomb Registered

I have two pc's on the same network. One is my sim rig the other is dedicated to the server. I have separate steam accounts for each. Other people can see my server on the list and join. But I occasionally see my server on my sim rig but can never join. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

2. I have a similar setup - any error messages? And what they are?

zsoltbomb likes this.
  3. zsoltbomb

zsoltbomb Registered

The only message I get when the I do see it in the list is
    "An error occurred
    Error trying to install MOD. Try manual installation."
    But most of the time I dont even see it on the list.

4. If you do not see it on the list of available servers online other people should not see it, too, so that might be another (sporadically occurring) problem.

You need to trace the other error message or you need to use modmgr.exe in order to get some more information (modmgr.exe can be found in rfactor 2\bin64 - for enabling trace use the s397 guidelines).

Basically your "simrig PC" cannot install the mod your "dedicated server PC" is offering / advertising. This could have various reasons, but as you said you are using different accounts, make sure both accounts do own the same DLC content and have subscribed to the same workshop content (otherwise you would need to enable content download / upload in - I think - multiplayer.json or player.json of your dedicated server).

5. zsoltbomb

zsoltbomb Registered

I have the same mods on both computers. I have DLC on the sim rig PC but not the server PC. Not trying to use DLC on the server at this point. Do I need the DLC if I am not trying to run it?
    I have changed the port forwarding on the server PC. Do I need to do it on the sim rig PC as well?