SOLVED Server crash when start

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Corti, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

Problem with vmod when I try to start the server. I create a vmod with all the official GT3, GTE and GTR cars the chosen circuit is LeMans official version, so far so good but when start server in window where the vehicles appear there is one of them (in this case Senna) that appears in the Available Vehicle Filters list.
    server fail.png

I select it and click the "Add >>" button and at that moment the server crash. Test the vmod on my computer, start the server and select the same vmod ... everything is ok
    server ok.png

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you checked that you have the same subfolders and files in the ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\ on both computers.

Corti, ¿has comprobado que el contenido de la carpeta ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\ de los dos ordenadores sea el mismo? A ver si te falta alguna versión de alguno.de los coches.

3. Corti

Corti Registered

Yes, the fact is that the two servers were working with the same content, all I did was update the new GT3 versions, create a new "vmod" and when want to start it is when this failure appears. I tried it on the other dedicated servers (8) and it works, it only fails on the two where the previous version was hosted as if there were some "residue" left that causes the failure.
    P.d.: by the way in the example it is the McLaren Senna but it happens with any vehicle, simply let add all but one

Sí, el caso es que los dos servidores estaban trabajando con el mismo contenido, lo único que hice fue actualizar las nuevas versiones de GT3, empaqueto el nuevo "vmod" y cuando quiero arrancar es cuando aparece este fallo. Lo probé en los otros servidores dedicados (8) y funciona, solo falla en los dos donde estaba alojada la versión anterior como si quedara algún "residuo" que provoque el fallo.
    P.d.: por cierto en el ejemplo es el McLaren Senna pero ocurre con cualquier vehículo, deja agregar todos menos uno.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

That's weird.
    I'd make a backup of the player and multiplayer files, delete both servers and would reinstall those from scratch. And then copy the player and multiplayer to the new installation.
    It's quick and you avoid the possible problem of the old files.

Qué raro.
    Yo haría un backup de los archivos player y multiplayer, borraría esos dos servidores y los volvería a instalar desde cero. Y después sustituyes el player y multiplayer con los del backup.
    Es rápido de hacer y evitas cualquier problema de archivos antiguos

5. Corti

Corti Registered

Thanks for help Lagg. Finally solved it by investigating if there was any log, but not find anything then open file "server1.json" (bad) and compared it with another "server2.json" (good) and the line where the vehicles that make up the vmod appear was missing the one that appears in the list of available, edit the file and it works !!

Gracias por la ayuda Lag. Al final lo solucione investigando si habia algun log, como no encontre nada abri el archivo "server1.json" (mal) y lo compare con otro "server2.json" (bien) y la linea donde aparecen los vehiculos que componen el vmod faltaba el que aparece en la lista de disponibles, edite el fichero y funciona!!

lagg likes this.