Server Connection Failed

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Mulero, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Hi all,

Yesterday we started a rfactor2 championship and after all week training on the server without any problems, came out this error. Since then I have not gone to be able to connect to the server.

After many trials and after discarding many possibilities, we have reached the conclusion that the server of rFactor2 blocked me IP somehow. In the same server, there rFactor servers running and I can connect without any problem. I tried to connect to the server from a neighbor's wifi and I can connect without problem.

This problem happened to several people, some were able to fix it by restarting the router as they have dynamic IP, but I and some others, have fixed IP and we find it impossible enter the server.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks. :)

2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Any idea? Anyone? A file that need to delete or modify on the server?

3. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hey,

This is going to sound strange... reboot your modem.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

4. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thanks Bryan, was the first thing I tried but did not solve anything. I restarted the router, I reset the router, I've even tried connecting directly to the switchboard of the fiber, but nothing.

Today I reinstalled the game and neither, I've also tried installing it on another computer and not let me connect.

There must be something in the rFactor2 installation on the server, but we have no idea it can be.

5. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Do you have access to the multiplayer.ini?...If so...can you copy / paste it into here so I can take a look at it and I will see what I can do to help you.

or just e-mail it to me if you like:

dstanley@nrtservers.com

Dave

6. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Also what is the name listed in the lobby please of your league?

Dave

7. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Thanks Dave, tomorrow trying to get the file and command you by email with server data.

8. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Ok..I will respond back via e-mail and post it here for others if we see anything out of the ordinary

Dave

9. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Mysteriously today the server has been failing all day, giving this error:

"could not connect to matchmaker"

On the server has not touched anything and without knowing why, now let me in with no problem. Unsolved Mysteries of rFactor.

Thank you all for the help and just hope not to need it. :)

10. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Ok Sir...

By some chance?...could the firewall or virus protection be enabled?...and not allowing the matchmaker port through.

Without knowing what Operating System is on the server, whether it is hosted at home or at a collocation (commercial) or maybe a VPS server, it would be hard to respond with what we have found over the last builds.

BUT...I will do what I can if you still have issues..:)

Take Care

Dave

11. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Well I do not know Dave, have told me that the server has been giving this problem all day, appeared and disappeared from the list of servers and gave that error.

They have not touched anything, just have restarted, but it had done previously and had not solved my problem. I have not touched any of my connection.

The server is a commercial server, but I have no idea where the operating system works. It has been in France and little else.

In the list of servers you can find it by the name of rFactornews.com - rFactor2.