Seriously how long now please?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Sofiane Chouchaoui

Sofiane Chouchaoui Registered

Well I dont find AC UI to be so bad honestly as long as rf2 UI is modern and functionnable I will be happy with it there are more important things to do in a sim than UI but it's great if they separated a bit graphics code and physics code, I know it's not possible for everything like tire flat spot and flex for example theses things have to be tied physics wise and graphics wise.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

My #55 is reply to #54 ("AC has the most unlogical UI and probably is no benchmark how fast it was done and how it looks like IMO.") and I am not claiming that current UI to rF2 is better than UI to AC.

You can also see that @Staenker agrees with me and I rely don`t see that your argumentation is relevant to my posts at all.

3. Filip

Filip Registered

You are contradicting yourself.
    Your statement "AC has the most unlogical UI" means its worse than RF2 UI, doesn't it?
    I disagree.

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

What?

5. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Oops, sorry for confusion. My mistake.

6. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Not to say this as a negative, but if a big streamer (who normally plays AC & PC2) goes to play rF2 with his audience and because a server fails and he can't set up another one, within 10 minutes, does this not reinforce a bad message for rF2?

Videos/actions like this is why I strongly believe the UI needs to be above and beyond in front of Nurb and other content in the pine line. It's cool we have great content, but if we can't setup online easy or negative well, people just give up. If there favourite Twitch/YouTuber won't play it, then a good chunk of people who watch that stream will go "rF2 is difficult to get working", which probably stops them buying the product. People are influenced by the media.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In case you are not aware people working on code are not the same building content (hopefully) so to say one has to be above the other makes no sense.

8. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

It is still imo a question of prioritizing hiring code ppl over content ppl. The Quick and Easy money are in content. Naturally. But the long term succes and growth are depending on making the sim a much more complete and polished experience. If they manage to do that they will get so many more customers to sell their content to.

StrawmanAndy likes this.
  9. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

What Milbrandt has said. They're hiring people to do GT3/other content, so they're prioritising money in areas of development.

I'm also not aware the teams were different because I haven't seen or been told that. How am I meant to know this when no efficient comms team is in place? I'll defend rF2 but it's a reoccuring theme and when you're getting negative media coverage you need to start understanding the gravity of the situation. Ultimately, I think it was a strategic error showing us the development UI two years ago. If we didn't know, I think the pressure would be less.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

AFAIK there are more people working on all areas not only content. Sure you see only what you want to see :)
    Not saying the situation isn't serious, I was among the first people (or actually the first one) to send Marcell a PM with many needed changes to make the UI user friendly (especially the hosting area). But after all this time I can only imagine the task is harder than we all thought. Just chill and go drive, complaining and posting the same thing every day wont help.

11. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I will only see what I know. Since I'm part of the public, WE are not told who works were. So, I'm very sorry I don't know the ins and outs of the business like you do. :confused:
    I also never complained, I merely raised a question. Why can we not have a debate on this forum anymore?

"does this not reinforce a bad message for rF2? "

I'm also not posting everyday, I said streamers/YouTubers are repeating the message. Raising a point about a negative video gets me into trouble?

Don't worry, I'm still modding in rF2. BTCC content is staying in rF2, before you say I'm throwing my toys out.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

This game has been "ashamed" many times, in S397 own live streamed competitions, Jimmy B streams, etc, in front of a lot of people and this comes since years ago. Nothing new there really. There is no need for the panic, if the guys with the money on the line are going this way why bother, take a wait and see approach, this is not going to change your life :D nuff said

13. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I understand they're working on it. I am waiting, to see the results. From my PR experience, letting people to continually diss your work is a negative and something that should be challenged.

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

First of all it is good to have healthy discussions, but I would take everything by Mr. GM with a grain of salt. He has a very strong AC bias, wich is nothing bad. But he emphasizes alot on the weakpoints of other products where AC get's nothing but praise.

I think everyone, who has set up a dedi for rF2 knows by now, that it isn't the most ideal and intuitive thing in the world. But the devs have acklowledged this and are working on this problem for a very long time. This alone should give you an idea that they take the issue very seriously. So why should I watch another video by GM beating a dead horse? Do you see him recording videos showing how great the AI in AC is? I guess not, for very obvious reasons.

bwana, Narrowbackwing and Mike Tobin like this.
  15. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I agree, and I do not solely use a review or media outlet to influence my one decision. But in this day, some do and have dedicated people they rely on their opinion.

He didn't get super negative on rF2. He was a bit negative, but not overly. Yes, he is AC bias, but that's why when he does play other games it means he is potentially bringing a new audience over to rF2, perhaps who did not know the full extent of the issues. What they have seen is that he tried to play online, fail, bit of a moan about the issues and move to another game. The point being, the new audiences may not buy the game because they might believe it's too hard to play/get setup so rF2 loses out. That was my main point, watching a media struggle to play can influence an audience and that can affect rf2.

I have seen and heard him being negative about AC, but he's right in saying it is the easiest to get working, has the most content and cna race online fairly easy. So, for him and his job, it's perfect.

16. Binny

Binny Guest

S397 would have a PR person they would know all about the bad publicity ever thought this is why its taking so long. Get it right the new publicity will show since S397 has taken over its rebooted RF2. If im right watch ppl move over to rf2 in droves especially if the competition system is as good if not better than whats out there. Lets just hope no major problems in testing to delay the release. be happy dont worry we are getting it.

Rui Santos likes this.
  17. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

rFactor 2's UI is outdated and they are working on a new one.
    So I would say they are on the right road with their choices.
    The UI is a massive undertaking and surely a priority to them as well.
    Marcel and Co will be the first to come out and apologize to not being as rich as their iRacing counterparts and not able to pull the same resources together.
    Ever since they took over from ISI the sim has been moving forward with strides.
    That may or may not be enough since the competition are trying to do exactly the same.
    Anyone can tell me the amount of days the new UI should take to be ready please leave a reply.
    I would think at this point in time it would be far more important to bring out official LeMans before the actual race itself happens in half a week or so, failure to do so would be a hugely wasted opportunity and significant loss of income.
    I am happy that they have been working on a new UI, bringing out free tracks, bringing out laser scanned tracks, latest GT/Proto cars, working on chronic lag issues etc etc.

18. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

More salty things will come with release of the new mp system in rf2. People will compare it with iracing and gt sport. Just like when ACC was released.

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I notice that at least two messages have disappeared from this thread (mine and @Lazza).

Is this a bug or would there be censorship ?

There was nothing reprehensible in my post.

I hope this is not censorship.

avenger82 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast might have just been unlucky timing with a system issue? My post wasn't terribly constructive (though my 'target' wasn't necessarily clear) but yours seemed the same as many others here.