Serious Request to ISI for Download-Hoster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by redapg, Feb 9, 2015.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Please ISI change that (and sorry that i have to say that, but it's the only, almost fitting, word) crap Download-Host (Mediafire).

I live in Germany and when i want to download something in the evening i, in 99%, have no chance to get the wanted file.
    Download-rate starts with 900-1000 Kb/s but decreases within some seconds down to 500...300...100...17... and sometimes to 0 or Download gets stopped completely.

And i don't think that it is caused by something on my side.

I seriously have to ask why you don't host your Downloads on an own server?

2. crz

crz Registered

Same here, it's not happening everyday but it's really annoying when it goes down to 25kb/s and stays there. I have tested downloading the same file at the same time from my dedicated server to rule out problems with my home provider and guess what, it was downloading fast from my dedicated server.

I am active in a UK based league and I have to say nobody there has this kind of problem with mediafire. This is why I thought maybe my provider (T-Online) is throttling connections to Mediafire at certain times. Which provider do you use redapg?

Anyway, this behaviour makes it really hard and sometimes impossible to download stuff from ISI as it all seems to be hosted at Mediafire.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Have you tried downloading from launcher to see if it's quicker? ISI recently changed something with provider, maybe mediafire is temporary solution.

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@crz: yes it was a connection with t-online. I wasn't at home and wanted to "quickly" download the lite installer.

Which also answers your question stonec, without a rFactor installation i couldn't try to download from Launcher. :)

But i will try it out when i'm at home again if there is a difference when i try to download content.

But when you are trying to show another person rFactor2 and it starts with the fact that you can't download it, it's not the best way for newcomers to build up trust into the capabilities of ISI.

And the Downloadarchive seems to be closed too.

5. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

You cant blame ISI on your provider traffic shaping.....blame them.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I have mirrors, but have lacked the time to add them again since I had to remove the old download system. I'll try to get to it today.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Someone needs to wake up and see possibilities in a paid up site for this.

Not just rf2 all sims , give modders and painters their own pages, have competitions, no rips or no permissions allowed.

Pay yearly due for this you get HIGH-speed downloads.

ie: Get any downloads or the entire rF2 archive...... in one hit, imagine that.

If you ask me it would be worth paying for instead of 10,000 clicks clicks clicks endless passwords and usernames.

8. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you, i hope it will work again as it worked when you've hosted the files on your own server.
    I've never had problems when your links started with http://downloads.imagespaceinc.com/rf2/..... in the past.

In this case i think i can do it.
    Just wrote it, in the past, when ISI hosted on their own server, i've never had problems. Downloadrate was high at Day or Night.

And i think it should be a basic interest of ISI that you can get their Products downloaded at all times with an acceptable speed. :)

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I recognized very low downloadrate from Mediafire. My MF Pro Account is slow like a snail and downloads from other MF Accounts are very slow, too. And this not related to my own inet hoster.