Series-Season you willing to pay for and how much .........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Sep 4, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Full 1964, 1965 or 1966 F2-F3 season, cars, tracks, ISI quality levels.

I will pay $50+ no worries....which is more then I paid for the full sim with more tracks and cars, chassis and tyres.

Life would be simple and very good.

lopl :)

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

track pack as above I'd pay £50+ no probs

Or any quality track pack for that matter ( except go kart tracks ...nothing against the karts but could only run karts on them )

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

ISI won't do it, they're busy working on the root software. Reiza won't do it, Neils has said he doesn't like complicated tire models. Simbin won't do it, looks like they're changing names to avoid paying their debts. Maybe another developer will come along but I doubt it.

4. freew67

freew67 Registered

I will never pay for cars or tracks. I will stop sim racing when it gets to that point.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

For the Tudor United SportsCar Championship (all the cars + all the tracks + custom seasons) I would pay $100+

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah well there you have no more models or circuits in quantity then rF2 has slaved years to produce so far.

Sad if there is no one can do it.

I was not specifically talking about licensed engine rather just mod and tracks ( private if need be )

Yes the tyre model and rest would be a drama as Jamie says but $100 is double what ISI get with less overhead.

Topic was self explanatory if you would never pay for cars how could you be ".......willing to pay for...." one........ stands to reason. lol ;)

Hypothetically what would you want J :)

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hope you like ISI base content in rF2, then, because every other sim will be charging for extra content and even rF2 engine will get licensed for this precise purpose. No different than GTR, GTL, RACE, GSC, etc., with rF1 engine. I am sure glad those were available because they were great content in addition to what rF1 offered.

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

V8 Supercars - 60$
    Super GT - 60$
    CCWS 2003 - 75$
    NASCAR Canadian Tire Series - 45$

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

F1: 1967, 1973, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1991, 1993, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003
    Group C 1988-1992
    GT 1966-70

F1 obviously unlicensed for almost all the seasons, but even these with slightly modified names and minor livery changes are perfectly fine. If all tracks and cars are included with championship and other customizable variants, as a standalone thing I'd go $40 dollars on Group C (as it'd entail quite a few teams and tracks), $30 for older F1 seasons, $25 for newer seasons. For the old GTs, which would include the Ford, Lola, Chaparral, Ferrari, and Porsche I'd also go $30.

(The lesser price has to do with fewer number of tracks and/or detail)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  10. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

BTTC full season Cars, Tracks and Cadwell Park thrown in. I would pay 50 Euros to see these in rF2.

11. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

I would be happy to pay 30-40 euros for those kind of stuff ( All Cars and Tracks ) :

BTCC
    Super Touring Cars ( 97-2000 ish )

Would also really like to drive some historic touring cars ( 70s-early 90's )

Alot of people are willing to pay for quality content, yet alot are against it. In my opinion people who create cars or tracks to a high quality standard should be able to get a few quid out of it. I mean modding has become so much more time consuming these days, and i really think that if you put so much time and effort into it, you may as well earn a bit of money through that.

12. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Canam, F1 from early 70's, Historic Sports cars - I would pay the full retail price of a new game for all cars and all tracks done to the right quality. Compared to flight sims we seem to be a bit behind the times. If people don't want to pay, don't buy these. Others will continue to develop smaller mods (single make series for example) for free

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Painters and modders co-op / association.

If it was a official organization with charter I would pay yearly dues just like any other club you join.

1000 members ........there is your start money to fund the first mod selected by democratic vote of course :p and members get to beta test it.

:)

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

I would pay for every car/series i'm intrested in 50 Euro when the manufacturer himself would simulate it, at least when it was simulated with the QA standard of car manufacturer. Everything else is paying to much for some gamey stuff.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

15. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I'd pay for good stuff, so long as it avoids legal issues (ie either being licensed or using "similar" names and designs).
    I don't regret buying EGT.

Personally, I'd like to drive historic tracks, modern tracks, fast cars, slow cars, new cars, and old cars :)

I remember reading a few years ago at the height of rF1 modding, from some source I've forgotten, something along the lines of:
    "I remember the days of GP2 (the game) when there would be a new F1 season carset available within hours of the first practice session of season. Those days are gone".
    It's quite clear that there was less to do to make that happen, and so it was much faster.
    Putting a metaphorical handbrake on modding by refusing to support modders in this new, higher intensity, time-consuming modding generation isn't going to help official devs, modders, or end users.

If it were a full series of good/great quality circuits then I'd feel bad if I payed anything less than $50 for five circuits, because I know they take time, and not everyone will buy them.
    As a part of a retail game, a circuit might add up to about $2-$5 of total purchase price. That is not at all related to the hours that go into making a circuit.
    I don't want to expect people to give up their free time for my entertainment, and have them not make any money from it. I don't think I have a right to other people's free time.

From my perspective (as a track maker):
    -If people want to donate their time for free, then that's up to them.
    -If they want to make some pocket money from their modding hobby, and it's legal, then I'm fine with that too. A demo version of a car or track would be a good idea though.
    -If they want to try and make some proper "rent/food" money from it, as a job, and they do a good job, and if it's legal, then I'll pay if it's stuff that I want. Again, a demo would be good. It doesn't worry me if they end up being able to buy a huge house and fast car with the money on top. Not saying that's the best use of one's money, but it would show they've made a desirable product and priced it well. That's good, isn't it?

I reserve the right to change my perspective whenever I want to, and of course there will be contexts where the above doesn't stick, I assume :p

Some built-in copy-protection/purchase-check would probably be helpful.

17. Adrian

Adrian Registered

I'd pay ~40-50usd for a series I was interested in simulated to the current isi level. Also I'd pay ~30-40usd per car for a car with all it's systems simulated properly (think Dcs level of simulation)

18. sgatke

sgatke Registered

Personally, I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for more complete "series" or seasons.
    In RF2 I miss having more cars in the same category to chose from and race with.
    It would be great to run a full field (like 4-7 different vehicles) of GT cars for example, or a full field of cars comparable to the Meganes.

19. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Tough to say which series but I'll go with V8SC with all official tracks. So for rF2 as it's base I'd pay what the usual price is for games nowadays, around 60 bucks.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

It's just as much as what I would pay you for your work.