Self in mirror looking the wrong way

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Bruceiow, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Bruceiow

Bruceiow Registered

What would cause this on the rear and side mirrors? I am using the new BMW btcc & have self in mirror enabled. All of the mirrors show the car detail, but it is showing the wrong way round. I.e as it the driver were sat on the bonnet of the car looking inwards..
    20221116_173950.jpg

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol, it seems PERFECTLY logical if you read the title of the command literally. Your SELF is visible in the mirror.
    Sadly, this seems to NOT be the intended purpose of the option.

3. Bruceiow

Bruceiow Registered

Lol, yeh not quite what mirrors are for... I am sure I am seen screenshots where peoe have this working correctly. I've tried all combinations of mirror adjustments to no avail.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Not a supported feature.

5. According setting in player.json

"Self In Rearview":"*",
    "Self In Rearview#":"Empty for nothing, * for everything, otherwise list comma-delimited instances you want _removed_",

this might be because of using an asteriks ('*') - but I do not know which are the instances names mentioned here ... so I assume naming some instances will correct the view.

Anybody can give a list?

6. redapg

redapg Registered

A List is difficult to create, because there are only a few Instances, that have to use specific Names, like
    LFTIRE
    LFSPINDLE
    RFTIRE
    RFSPINDLE
    DRIVER
    But there also can be Parts in Instances, where the Creator of the Car is free to use any Names for.
    So to be sure what you are doing, you would have to check a Cars Graphics GEN File, to get the needed Instance Names.
    And you maybe would have to change it, everytime you use another Car.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  7. Thanks Chris

I just found a hint on the GEN file - unfortunately the GEN file is not available with e.g. DLC cars because we cannot read / unpack the MAS file :-(