Selectable side monitors angle for triple screens users

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by HKF0x, Aug 5, 2012.

1. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Hi,

Can we, triple screens users have an option to set the side monitors angle when multiview is used, please.

Not everyone can build his cockpit to match the locked default monitors angle, that why all other sim with triple rendering such iracing or live for speed allow to set that angle.

For now, multiview with locked angle is like an half broked awesome feature for many users, on rf1 i know many peoples with multi screens who cant profit to multiview, because their setup dont match the default angle and then give a wrong perspective view.

Plus, select a smaller angle would help improve the performance significantly on these big resolutions, since smaller angle should theoretically render less polygons on the screens.

So, the possibility to edit that angle in the .PLR or in the launcher would be very nice.

2. Radar

Radar Registered

+1 on this.. I'm only using 1 screen at the moment with the rF2 beta, but I've used 3 screens before. This would be great to see.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

++++....11111.....

4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

+1 on this, im currently using triple screen and my physical angles are 45 degrees with a fov of 23. I drive mainly open wheels atm with wheels only view the angles look good for me. Does anyone know the default angle in rfactor?

5. coops

coops Banned

NO but wonder if it can be changed ?

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I believe it is 45 degrees. It matches my visual experience.
    (I'm running surround view with MultiView enabled)

7. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

I am very interested in this particular wish. I have triple monitor - works great in iRacing - can't figure the side monitor angle that rfactor2 wants although it appears to be 0 degrees. That really defeats the purpose of having the other two monitors. I have gone to using only one monitor in rfactor2 hoping for such as feature as this to be implemented in the future.

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

You have to enable multiview option in gfx config.

9. BlaringFiddle5

It is indeed enabled (well not now as I have gone back to single screen) :)

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Then I don't understand your problem with rf2. I set up surround view without any problems - rendered scene is stretched over all monitors seamlessly

11. BlaringFiddle5

It is seamless - but the angle between center monitor and side monitor is not correct. ie - fences and things are at one angle in center monitor and shoot off at a different angle in side monitors as you drive past them. I am not alone in this problem several people are discussing it here. I am glad, however, that it works for you :)

12. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Your fov must be wrong. Set it to something like 25deg. Many threads on how to get it "exact".

13. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

So, low fov is the magical setting that fit all setups with different angles ?
    I though the field of view was just for adjust the driver point of view to fit what the driver ingame should see with a view as big as our screens size, nothing to do with lateral screens angles..
    I think you just hide the deformation with your low fov, or it mean peoples with same screens but differents screens angles should use differents fov, even if they are at the same distance from their screens ?

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Last days I found that changing FOV with multiview enabled affects angles of lines rendered on side monitors in relation to center monitor (Before I though it is fixed angle to 45*). It means that you need to setup angle of monitors any time you changing a FOV.

Fortunately I can set up monitor position and angles to match fov (to make whole rendered scene seamless)

15. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Yes, i noticied that as well.

10° fov look almost good, but not really drivable.
    [​IMG]

25° fov look better, but still not right and a bit too zoomed for my taste.
    [​IMG]

32°-33° fov is the setting that give me the best immersion and the best feeling with the car, but sadly the lateral screens are totaly wrong and give me a false position of the next apex, so not much more drivable.
    [​IMG]

We should be able to set our fov and screens angle independently,
    that why i hope they will add something that allow us to adjust that damn angle.

16. BlaringFiddle5

I have found out my problem - I did not have my monitors set so that i was staring at center of monitor- more staring at top. I have build platform for monitors so I stare at center. It all looks great now - I have it set to 25 degrees I think. I wonder why iRacing did not look funky (although it looks even better now)?

17. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It will never make straight line from this point of view. That's why side-monitors are angled toward you. If you will be sitting properly (close enough) you will find the line straight.

18. HKF0x

HKF0x Registered

Nop, just tried again before reply, move my seat forward or backward dont change anything.
    But you miss the point there, i wont try find a way to have that line straight on a pic, these lines are just for express what i see on lateral screens while driving (believe me i tried many differents game settings, seat position ect, before come to this thread).
    And btw this thread is just for ask for a setting,
    A setting that allow the maximum of users to have the opportunity to make the game look right on their setup.
    In my case, if it stay like that, i will cut my cockpit, will try have that angle right, and rebuild it, but i will wait the other sim and the final release of rf2 for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
  19. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Yep.. if some one has monitors position fixed, that's may be a problem. I found that changing FOV affects cameras angle. Try this. But it doesn;t mean that new FOV will satisfy you.

Ability of setting multiple screens like in iRacing would be good for sure.

20. Jett080

Jett080 Registered

Add me to the list of people that want to see this implemented!!

Come on ISI add full triple screen support and adjustability!!!