See skintransfer skins in replay mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JParra, Sep 26, 2019.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello guys.

In my community we usually make videos of the races from time to time, we believe it is a good incentive to motivate the drivers themselves and capture new ones, both for the community and for the rFactor 2 simulator in general.

This leads us to a question we have, since we do not know how to make pilots who have shared their skin through skintransfer through the server, can then be seen in the replays.

We usually prepare a skinpack for the drivers that start the championship, but to save the inconvenience of updates to our drivers, those who join later or want to change their appearance, they do it using skintransfer.

I know where the DDS or MAS file is stored and what it does, for example, with a name type _42_alt.mas but I have renamed it in several combinations and extracting the DDS without being able to see the skin of this pilot in the replay.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello? Is it not possible what I propose or perhaps I expose it in a wrong place?

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I watched my replay of the community night, and I see a lot of cars with custom skins, so this should work already.

4. JParra

JParra Registered

Thanks for answering.

Can you confirm that custom skins have been shared by skintransfer?

I say it, because when we mount a skinpack and upload it to the server, that way if we see all the custom skins in the race and in the replay, the problem comes when they are shared by skintransfer, which in the race are seen, but then in the Replay do not look.

Thank you

5. JParra

JParra Registered

Hello again.

Is there any news about this?
    Does anyone know what I should do so that skins shared by skintransfer can be seen later in replay mode?

Thank you.

6. JParra

JParra Registered

Good Morning
    Last night we had in my community the first race with a new vehicle, the Nissan GTR GT1 and today I have seen that most skins are shown in the replay. Only one has apparently failed, but it was not seen on the server either.
    Therefore, the problem seems to have been solved
    For my part, just comment that I have realized that now (I don't know since when) rF2 generates a .mas file from the DDS that it has shared by SkinTransfer, which I didn't do before.
    If it has been this, some update repairing the bug or if it is simply a thing of this Mod in particular, I do not know, but at least I can see the replays with the customized paintings of all the pilots shared by SkinTransfer.

Thank you all for your support.

7. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Boing! A driver in one of our regular race nights reported this just now in build 1130.

There were three or so drivers with custom skins in the race - and we could all see these skins correctly in the game - but when viewing in the (local) replay system the following day, each driver could only see his own skin.