Sebring issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Beorn2, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Beorn2

Beorn2 Registered

Hi all. Having problems with Sebring. Basically its causing my computer to crash when loading. The crash is pretty bad, can't even use ctrl-alt-del to close the program, have to turn the computer off manually. I've deleted and re-loaded it without any change, emptied cbash folders etc, but nothing helps. Spent ages trying to sort it. Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

How much video and system RAM do you have? I'm assuming other tracks load fine? Try loading a couple of other large tracks like the 24 hr Nurb, or the 3pa Matsusaka or one of the Road America tracks.. I forget which one had a larger file size...perhaps the 2016 version.
    That one cause problems for me until I stopped using the 'force 32 bit' option in the launcher.

3. rixracer

rixracer Registered

I just bought the Sebring track, joined an open server for some laps, was able to run the track online, but couldn't run it offline. But I have this offline problem with other tracks as well.
    I can race online just fine, but when I try to load the same tracks offline, the game crashes back to the launcher just as the track finishes loading.

I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit OS, Oculus Rift VR, dual display (vr + monitor), with a GeForce 1080 ti GPU, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Mb, 16 GB installed RAM, Intel i7-6700 processor @ 4.00GHz.

Any idea why this happens?
    I've tried reducing the Ai cars to 1, may try zero next...

4. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

@rixracer
    When the load bar is moving up the track loads first, then the cars are loaded. If the game crashes near to or at the end off that loading bar it's usually a car mod issue, not the track. Change the car mod and try again.
    Your PC is well and truly capable.
    Could see what happens if you just load it with the monitor. And visa versa. Try the Rift on it's own.

rixracer likes this.
  5. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Are you using a beta version of rF2? Beta needs to be turned off to use the latest update from S397 and I would not be surprised if Sebring requires that update to properly function.

7. rixracer

rixracer Registered

No beta here, how about you, Beorn? I just tried the stuff Dave suggested, still no offline. I used the radical from the GT3 pack. I even tried changing resolution.

8. Beorn2

Beorn2 Registered

No,I'm not on the beta. Tried to join online to see if it would work there, but just get 'package not available' message. Which is weird, as I have both track and mod!! Thanks for your thoughts too Dave, but game runs fine with all other tracks and mods.

9. rixracer

rixracer Registered

I get that message from many servers too. There's a server log with the errors..

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

'package not available' is no bug or rFactor 2 error. You get 'package not available' message when server is not using get missing component which is something lacy server admin`s don`t do.
    If you try to join S397 OPEN 1 dedicated server I am sure that get missing component is working as it should.

bwana likes this.
  11. rixracer

rixracer Registered

I’ll test that this evening

12. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

First of all, thanks a lot for this awesome track!
    Is there any way to get rid of the excessive flashlights on the trackside, this is driving me mad ;-) See attached screens
    Running on a i5 7600k/GTX1060-6GB; all settings on high. Reducing the post-process settings doesn't seem to do the trick :-(
    20180801224042_1.jpg 20180801224046_1.jpg

13. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just a guess, if you're using the 12 hour layout try using the track day layout.
    Same track with no crowd.

Hoshi likes this.
  14. rixracer

rixracer Registered

I was able to join the S397 Open server, but the sim still won't launch in single player mode. Any idea why?

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Check that you have Sebring (rfcmp) in your packages folder and look that you don`t have file with name Packages in your rFactor 2 root or UserData folder and if you have just delete that file and all should work fine.

16. rixracer

rixracer Registered

I did have a "Packages" folder in the root rFactor2 . I always thought I needed that folder for importing tracks and mods. Well, I removed it and the results remain the same, loads online vr but not offline vr. I DID find that turning off "sync" in the video card settings allowed me to run offline, monitor only. Maybe that will help some others. Still wouldn't load vr offline though, and I tried all 4 sync settings (Off, GPU,Software and Video).o_O

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No, it is file what I am talking about. Look if you have Packages file and if delete it.

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Try this if rF2 is still not working:
    1. Uninstall and delete any old rfmods or vmods that you have collected by entering servers, this also greatly slows down the launching of the game, and test again. People often don't realize that it needs to be cleaned up and can collect 100+ rfmods.
    2. Delete contents of ..\rFactor 2\Userdata\Player\Logs\Cbash and then test again.
    3. Move the player.json in the Player folder I noted to another location (ie. desktop), this allows the game to regenerate a new default file and potentially fix any corruption or errors. Test again.
    4. Move the multiplayer.json to another location and test again.
    5. Move the entire Userdata folder to another location and test again.
    6. Verify integrity of Game Files.
    7. If rF2 is still not working, add +trace=3 to the launch options and submit the trace file to S397 for assistance.

19. Hoshi

Hoshi Registered

The screenshots are taken from the track day layout :) Especially the entrance to the Le-Mans bend is full of flashlights which irritates me quite a lot. Is there any way to get rid of this effect?
    Already searched the player.json for an appropriate entry, but there doesn't seem to be one.

20. Beorn2

Beorn2 Registered

Finally got my issue sorted by creating a new userdata folder. (Just rename the old one and re-validate in steam). Meant re-assigning all the controls etc again, but was worth it. Also it reversed my ffb for some reason too, but fixed that by editing the controller/ json file in the "player" folder. Anyway, all sorted now, hope this helps Rix

rixracer likes this.