Searching Ideas for Standard of Car Simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mantasisg, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

same can be said about RF2.
    You have to push so hard that front end is almost little bit understeery(you can also see black rubber getting laid) and same goes for rear.
    As far as weight and inertia are concerned i like it more in both ac and acc but that's just my belief that it feels real.

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If I remember it right, you're driving a Logitech. You don't feel the limit of the tyres at all, because the loss of center torque is hardly transferred to the FFB.
    With a Fanatec you feel the limit much better and its much easier to drive just under the limit and I can't confirm that you have to run over the cars to be fast. This may work for 2-3 laps like in reality, but then you have already damaged the tyre like in the reality of real racing drivers, because in rFactor 2 not only the wear plays a role for the grip, but especially the temperature history, because the rubber due to heat effects outgas certain components, which reduces the grip. Smooth is fast in Rfactor2. As far as inertia is concerned, I don't think that this is real in AC and ACC, because there you can quickly pull the steering wheel to the left and right at high speed and the car stubbornly drives straight ahead for a moment, while in other Sims you immediately end up in the botany or crash barrier during such manoeuvres. The values should already be based on reality and not be used to make the border area easier for everyone to control, because then everything runs smoothly and sluggishly. This was in line with AC's drift philosophy and that everyone should be able to control the whole thing with a controller on the console.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Rui Santos likes this.
  3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

well thats just your opinion and btw i can feel the limits just fine with my logitech it may not be as super effective as high end wheels but i can definately drive any car exaclty or over the limits in full control.

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

No offense but I have seen plenty of people who are able to drive fast lap times but have no idea what they are doing. I am not implying that you are one of them but the leaderboard stuff and hotlaps is only a friction of what racing and pushing the limits means. And my first weeks of iRacing show this perfectly. There are so many one hit wonders who have zero racecraft even people who have spent quite a bit more time in iRacing.

Emery likes this.
  5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

i will say it again that i find rfactor 2 gt cars especially(i actually refunded porsche just because how easy and unrealistic it felt IMO) much much easier than other sims,some times you just have to accept that some people will find some thing easy that may be hard for you.
    Overdriving,reaching are thing that anyone WILL definitely do these things. In other words it is NOT AT ALL hard to smoke some tyres in sim when your life or money is not at stake.

6. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thats not my opion, that what everybody can feel, who drive test both wheels. I have both at home and for a few day where i had to use my Logitech, i stopped driving because the feeling was simply miserable. With a better wheel you can feel much more information about the slip level of the tyre, These are worlds

Emery likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

FFB.... feel of FFB.... it is all over rated. You just have to get used to it. It has no impact on physics, other than with no FFB you can steer quicker and with better ffb you get better resolution information about car behavior and nicer experience. Well except if servo has some BS features like "drift mode" and stuff like that. FFB makes most difference if it starts steering the car for you, very active FFB can take away part of the steering from you, for example if self aligning transition zone is super short, you may never have to worry about catchign a slide, just countersteering, and countersteering is usually super easy too. And feeling of slip angle is mostly visual. Exception is at front, that could be felt when car has little caster as self aligning torque decreases noticeably in case of understeer. Rear slip is of course felt trhough FFB as car oversteers, but that is not because you feel rear slip angle, thats because you feel the body of the car rotatin around the front tires if they are still planted. So I don't think that high end gear is so important for judging stuff, it is all fundamental will be present with any FFB servo.

8. Andregee

Andregee Registered

And that's the point where Logitech Wheels totally lose in rFactor2, because the effect is completely swallowed unless it's as extreme as on the AMG GT3. You turn in, think the tires still have enough grip and steer the car unnecessarily, which puts unnecessary strain on the tires, while with the Fanatec you feel in every car not ony in the ones with low caster settings the tires much better and can lead cleanly through the corners at the limit. And when you feel that, you don't say you have to run over the tyres in Rfactor2 to be fast, because that's not true. On the contrary, after a few laps you get the receipt for abusing the tyres. In one of my leagues the decision makers drive G27 and they have created the rule that in the 1 hour races there is a tire change obligation, because they would not survive without tyre change the race. I just drove 90 minutes on one S7 tyre set in the Aston Martin without losing much time at LeMans.
    In Raceroom you can adjust the untersteer center torque setting, in Cars 2 too. In Assetto Corsa there is only an enhanced untersteer setting without more control over it. Using that options, you can feel it even with a G27, but not in rFactor2.

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

well everybody=/= me i can feel the car easily and i'm definitely on or over the limit exactly when i want to be.I still stand by my opinion that for me RF2 is easy than ACC.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You can't say it because you can't compare. Saying that overdriving the cars is faster in Rf2 shows, that yout driving experience lacks of the right feeling.