Searching for Fast download for all rFactor2 official Cars & Track?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sean_S36, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Can anyone link me to a fast way of d/l official cars & tracks please , As it is it takes 25minutes to d/load 1 track or longer for a car mod.

I really want to get back into rFactor 2 but the download speeds are a buzz kill!

Also trying to download a mod from the online mode is a dial up connection spec.

2. coops

coops Banned

3. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Tried there , I can't wait around for six months before I can race something, everything I download won't work because there is a missing track or a missing vehicle , Is a disgrace for a new person.
    This mod shamozzel is way worse than rFactor 1 and that was bad for online issues, This is bad for offline shamozzels. when I first got this it was all in 1 package and worked ok , now it's just...................

4. coops

coops Banned

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

If your using dial up connection, everything will take awhile.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What is missing? Everything we have released, is on that page.

If you're trying to join a server and it says you don't have something, and you have everything from that page, then we didn't release it. You'll have to find it. How's that different from rF1?

If you're joining, and have the content being raced, but it won't let you join, then the host setup their server badly, and is referencing content not needed for the session they're hosting. They obviously don't mind users having the experience of not being able to join.

It wasn't one package though, was it? It was one package, an update package, an update package, and if you wanted to run car from package a with track from package b, you needed to make package c from them. Now the host just needs to get the car, get the track, make package c referencing those, and all you need to do is have the car, have the track, get package c directly from them and join the server. It should inconvenience you in no way at all, if the host is doing things correctly. :) And in most ways, it's not different now the way you think. You could just have easily had this situation before if people didn't do it properly.

7. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi

On rFactor you must download the tracks and cars.
    On rFactor 2 is the same except that a file you report what you lack in order to join the server version and more will appear.

Before you had to have the correct version to join but had almost guess.
    There or the poster.

But should this update, monitor supply (circuit and cars) so if you need a certain time to download rFactor but was at the same level.

Other download link
    -> Tracks
    -> Mod

8. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

Thanks guys , I just read Tim's post and had to lol, sorry Tim :) Can you read your post and then tell me it sounds simple to a noob? and I'm not noob lol, so I'm sure it can be simpler than the current methods and also Mods / cars and tracks would be better separate imho. Thanks guys for the links , all was asking is for fast download for cars tracks and mods currently lucky to get 250 bits per second, Whats the point of having a 100 mb per second connection if I can't use it? At least 2 mb per sec. would be nice.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

All a noob needs to know is:
    Download the file.
    Put it in the packages folder.
    Run mod manager.
    Click install.
    Click getmod when joining a server.

Or, hosting:
    Create a referenced rfmod, referencing the cars and track you are racing at.

That sounds pretty simple. Any other issues, blame the host for making a bad rfmod. :) Or getmod for the sharing failure. You weren't only asking for a quicker download location in your second post. First, yes, and you can try one of the mirrors if you like (which are randomly loaded when you click on mirror).

10. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

ok thank you