Searching for a league

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrindil, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

Hello fellow simracing friends!

I've been part of the simracing community for quite a while, but it's only recently that I really got "addicted" to online racing.
    Anyway, I'm a 18 (almost 19) years old Belgian guy, in search for a league that doesn't aim for the fastest drivers, but prioritizes fun and fair play.
    I'm able to get in the top 3 on public servers in Assetto Corsa almost every time, but I don't think it takes much skill to do so.
    So, I'd consider myself a rather slow driver.

Hire me!

Regards,
    JP

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Take a look here: http://www.simracers4life.com

I highly recommend this league as there are nice and fair drivers of all kinds; fast and less fast. Willing to help and motivate you. And as you say "fun"......you should really take a look over there!!

3. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

There was a link to a F3 championship leading to race2play.com.
    I don't think that's what you ment, but the website looks really interesting nonetheless.
    I made an account, joined a league and entered the F3 race scheduled for tomorrow.
    I'm so excited! Already did some practice for over an hour, and read all of the rules.
    I'll post my experience :)

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Check Legends League, if you like F1 92 cars.

5. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

I'm part of a small community that has that exact thing as its primary mandate. Fun and fair play. We're a small group who have a lot of fun together. We race several games (with my favourite being rF2 of course). Check it out (and that goes for anyone who might be interested!). Unfortunately, most of us are in the U.S. and Canada so the racing tends to be during the night here, which means too late for those like yourself who are in European time zones. In any event, we'd love for you to drop by and check it out.

www.world-racers.com

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thats sound advice, check your time table if it fits with regular races.
    Sometimes though, Americans find it handy to race at European servers and the opposite, it depends on your living habits, i.e. I prefer to race late at European night but not all European racers do.

Btw all Leagues mentioned here are friendly places you can fit in :)

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you could do that in most any rF2 open rooms would be something to see.

8. Depco

Depco Registered

My league is always for clean racers. Speed is not nearly as important. We race on Sunday at 16:00 gmt. The core group has been racing together for over a year. The league started out as a group focusing on GT3 racing. It has branched out into other forms of racing but still focuses on Tin Tops.

Currently we are doing races in both rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. We are doing points races in rFactor 2 and nonpoint club races in a Assetto Corsa (on alternating Sundays). We have servers that are open to the public in both games 24/7. We also use teamspeak for communications during practice times.

Our upcoming race is the Megane Trophy at Lime Rock Park (All Chicanes). http://virtualsportscarracing.com/index.php?topic=606.0 It should be quite a challenge. Come join us for some good clean fun.

Virtualsportscarracing.com

VSCR

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  9. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

I wanted to join a public server yesterday, but in the servers that weren't locked I got a grayed out join button or there were too few people online.

Anyway, I'm just back from the TNC Racing Series Historic Formula 3 Championship at Hockenheim GP, and I'm still kind of shaking.
    Even though there were no real wheel to wheel battles, I never expected it to be so thrilling.
    Great guys there too! I'm looking forward to the next race. (Will probably be in 3 days due to homework and girlfriend)

To give you guys something to imagine, my mom walked in the room during the race, and she said there was a bad sweaty smell in the whole room.
    My T-shirt is pretty much soaked. ;)

Thanks for all the offers by the way, I'll sure check them out!

10. corsa

corsa Registered

If you like endurance racing, check out Champion Motorsports. We've been around since 1999, and on the rF2 side, we've got two endurance series using the URD EGT mod, one that runs Thursday nights mostly aimed at North American drivers, and one that runs Sundays mostly aimed at European drivers.

(We also have series that run GTR2/Power & Glory 3.1, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, and more.)

11. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

http://prestogp.webs.com/

We at PrestoGP are soon to be starting our 14th season together, We have a mix of different skilled driver's and new member's are always welcome,
    All information is linked to above.