screen shots and problem

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by les, Apr 2, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

this is California i have a couple problems not sure how to fix these so any advice on these problems would be good
    View attachment 1820 View attachment 1821 View attachment 1822

the problems are the flag guy the name of the gmt is startlight2
    the problem is the animation is the green flag at the start of the race this animation runs all the time even when a caution comes out here is the cycle it runs though (0,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2) now im not sure what the numbers mean, so i need help with that and one other thing and that is the caution light as you see it has a green in the middle which is always on even when a caution comes out and the yellow lights on the outside dont come on at all the cycle under the caution light is greyed out not sure how i am suppose to set this up either any help would be appreciated

2. les

les Registered

anyone have an idea on how to fix these issues ??

3. ethone

ethone Registered

I haven't worked with ovals yet but here are some uneducated guesses:
    - is startlight2 the correct name? Shouldn't it be just startlight?
    - are you using that name for both the instance and the material?
    The numbers represent the animation stages and the order in which they are displayed.

Likewise for the caution lights, are you using correct material names?
    I've attached a screenshot of my (road track) caution light materials (one for the actual light, one for the glow) which only light up when there is a full course caution.
    View attachment 1847

4. les

les Registered

Ill check this out and see if these are correct thank you

5. les

les Registered

ok i give up, lights are beyond me same with flag i am going to post the 3ds max file(3ds max 10) zip it up, im going to post the working files so someone else who knows how to do the lights can work on them same with the flaggers. is there anyone interested send me a pm for the link just give me time too zip these up

the real road is finished and setup if you modify fine go for it California, Phoenix,and Watkins glen needs trees put in to it but the real roads are all done