Scheduling a server

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Esteve Rueda, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I asked for this before, but asking in "Wish list" I think is better.

I think we need to be able to configure a server to let It run with no admins presence. For now rF2 online for public racing is pretty bad, you can not find a group of drivers at the same time to race, even in official servers, just rarely. And in league fun races is mandatory to have admins active in the server, something really annoying just for fun races.

The best way come to my mind is something like iRacing schedule system. The option to configure a server to run a Q and R sessions when you want with no admins being there, and in "waiting" time just let server run in a non-stop practice session. I would like to be able to configure my server to run at 15:00GMT, 18:00GMT, and 21:00GMT every day of the week to let people race in a specific hour they will know they can race with the rest of drivers, and they could join before to practice if they want, drivers could plan some time before where and when they can race being sure will be a race (It's some kind of agrupation).

And schedule info should be visible from server list and ISI's web.

For official servers would be the way to start to see good "public" racing, a point all drivers know when to join to enjoy good racing. After this could be possible to create ISI official automated scoreboards and that stuff in the future.

I think is a mandatory feature for online activity and I would be the first to start joining public races (I'm a league racer, and admin, I know how to setup a server, but I'm bored every time I try to race for fun online and would like to do so in good conditions).