Scenery Disappearing in VR

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel D Finney, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Daniel D Finney

Daniel D Finney Registered

Hello all, hoping you'll be able to help out with this problem. I recently found a gem of a track called Highlands Park but there's an issue with the distant scenery when running in VR. I've attached a few comparison screenshots to show you what I mean but when running the game on desktop mode, there are mountains in the background but when running in VR these are gone. There's a few points around the track where they briefly pop in to view in the corner of my vision but never straight ahead, when I move my head to look they disappear again.

I'm not changing any settings between modes, all graphics options are the same in Desktop and VR, so must be something related to VR maybe? Could hopefully be a draw distance issue I can change in a config file somewhere? Or more likely a problem with the track itself? Let me know if there's anything I can do either way, would love to run this track with full scenery in VR. Many thanks!

scenerygone.jpg

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Just to confirm I also lose the hills in VR.

3. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Do you have Auto Detail Framerate on? :"Details and visible vehicles will be automatically reduced (by up to half) if framerate is under this threshold (0 to disable)"

DrivingFast likes this.
  4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

No mines off

5. Daniel D Finney

Daniel D Finney Registered

No I have this setting disabled in game, I was originally trying 60 with the Tatuus cars last week as I had a few stutters but I found it didn't make much of a difference so turned it back off again. Is there a line in the player text file I need to change too? Or something I can change to increase draw distance in VR? Or is it track specific?

6. Bernardo

Bernardo Registered

The same thing happens to me in VR (Odyssey Plus), but only in a few tracks of moders. I do not remember exactly which ones, but I know what happens to me, for example on the F1-88 tracks. I would think it is a problem with the tracks.