Saved Fanatec Podium DD1 Profiles No Longer Load and Work

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by CRMS, Jul 10, 2021.

1. CRMS

CRMS Registered

I have a few rF2 profiles loaded for different cars eg F1 and FE and circuits All have worked perfectly until today when my saved profiles don't load. On the calibrate page the throttle and brake setting bars are at around 50% and steering wheel is at midships. But nothing moves when operated. The games native DD1 profile works fine.
    The Windows 10 wheel properties are all fine and test functions do as expected.
    Other games work fine with save profiles and settings.
    Strange and mystified by the vagaries of the 0s and 1s!!

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Do the Podiums have two wheel bases listed at the calibrate screen like my CS 2.5? You may have swapped joy1 for joy2. Go to assign and note what axis the throttle is on, Joy1-x something like that. Re-assign and see if it changes to Joy2-x.

3. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Thanks. Yes, I have 2 controllers listed but I hadn't swapped anything and indeed my saved settings are Joy2, and the native settings are Joy1.
    I can't find any way of selecting Joy1 or Joy2?

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

easiest way is to make two profiles, one for joy1, one for joy2. A quick find & replace all should do the trick. O just over-write your current profile by re-assigning each command to the new axis.

5. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Thanks. And went through the profile changing all settings.

But why is it happening?? It doesn't happen in any other game.
    Is rF2 just randomly selecting J1 and J2 irrespective of how the profile was originally set up?? Has a monthly update done it??
    Is it exacerbated by the Fanatec have 2 properties??
    And is find and replace in the controller.json??

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Most text editors now have a find and replace function. You can load an original profile into a text editor, find and replace all joy1 with joy2 and save each file. I don't know the cause, I'm assuming windows updates may alter the order of USB connections. I also don't know why Fanatec shows two wheel bases. I have had this happen twice. Once after first getting my wheel and then just a few months ago.