Save last settings

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by Miro, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

After my changes to the UI rF2 doesn't save the last P/Q/R settings used.
    Anybody an idea what went wrong or where do I have to take a look at?

Any help appreciated :)

Cheers

2. Miro

Miro Registered

Also the list menu in car and track selection doesn't stay when chosen. Switches every time back to the iTunes-ish menu.
    I have no idea what could have made that as I only changed placement of menus, background and size of fonts and stuff like this. :confused:
    But it's really annoying as I generally want to get rid of this kind of car/track selection at all and the loading times are waaay waaay longer.

Anybody?

EDIT: I-Tunish menu removed all together in the so the solution is not needed anymore for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  3. Miro

Miro Registered

BTW if there are some talented designers out there please PM me. I'd just need some layout ideas for some things, I am not the most talented out there :p.

4. Miro

Miro Registered

This is so brutally annoying seriously!

5. Miro

Miro Registered

Hmmm ok ok.
    A few more question here.

Is there a chance one can change the UI track loading screen without editing the track mod?
    Is there another way to show chosen car other than with the current "car icon background" (smicon or how ever they are called)

Currently it's impossible to have some sort of uniform look as everything looks different. The pics of the cars/tracks are not with the same background and not made with the same angle or size as the loading screens also look all different. I just don't know how one could work around there.

If there is a code snippet/line to call other pictures for those items in the UI.osc please tell me.
    Also what I would like to know is if there is currently no definition in the UI.osc for some .plr options one can't call them just by fallowing the pattern of others. I guess they have to be defined somewhere else? Where? Can I change that without destroying the rF2 install?
    I am pretty new to this and it is just trial and error work currently although I figured out the most things already I still have loads of questions which if answered could make my life a bit easier whilst working on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  6. Miro

Miro Registered

Bump

7. Miro

Miro Registered

Bump

[​IMG]

8. Miro

Miro Registered

Bump

[​IMG]

9. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

Since the loading screens for tracks are embedding on the track components, there is no way of changing them without altering that particular mod.
    I know some leagues have taken a number of tracks and reworked various attributes and repackaged them including the loading screen, but these are just cosmetic changes. The icons representing the cars and tracks are also embedded into the component.

10. Miro

Miro Registered

Thx, as for the .plr entries, how do I include entries which are not included in the default UI?
    For example max_frame_rate is a very useful setting which I could include and some others. As said above just by fallowing the pattern of other .plr entries I can't include them. So I guess I would have do define/include them somewhere else?
    Other possible solution is ISI includes every possible .plr setting where ever they are included and we just add them our self then in the UI just by fallowing the other examples in the .osc. (or even a description could be released so we don't have to guess around)

Thx