Sanity check - Racing against AI in RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetalMania, Mar 24, 2018.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

your talking to a rf2 old timer there man. Be a little more respectful eh? Regardless of his opinion.

RoboCAT10, peterchen and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

best in business does not mean bug free... what are you talking about? you obvious have no idea, especially with that last part of your post.. geez grow up

RoboCAT10, LokiD and peterchen like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Joined Feb 18 !
    3 posts !
    Okay !

LokiD and peterchen like this.
  4. Jean-Simon Chénard

Jean-Simon Chénard Registered

I have this game since it was released by ISI

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I believe you , honestly .... :/

6. MetalMania

MetalMania Registered

Wow, I really hadn't expected this to turn into this much commentary - but it's good! I'm not even going to quote who said what, but please - can we not devolve into the "you should go play x sim if you're not hardcore enough for "real" sim x". Honestly, I am tired of reading that garbage on every message board of every sim that ever existed. Racing, flight, combat, whatever... I'm sick of the "I'm a superior simmer" mentality. Please realize whatever we are playing, hardcore sim or not, our wives and children still just see us as playing a video game as grown adults and it doesn't make us any cooler to them - they really don't give a damn if we just set the virtual world record for a GT3 car going backwards through Eau Rouge. *I* respect you if you did - but that's because we're all part of the unique nerd culture of the "sim racer" - where if given the chance we'll spend the whole weekend in front of our computers until our hands blister on our fake steering wheels (but mine has REAL ALCANTARA!) trying to shave a few tenths off lap time in our favorite car/track. If PCars 2 isn't spot on with physics or whatever (I don't know, I've never tried it), but it gives you that "racing feeling" - good on ya' brother, have fun. There are times I don't want to be punished for the smallest mistake or be hopelessly outclassed by "hardcore" sims and just run laps and enjoy driving and racing. If that means PCars, or Forza, or Gran Turismo once in a while, fine! Really, there's no shame in that. But, when I DO run well in something higher fidelity - man, it is satisfying. The only racing game I've played that really gets on my nerves is Mario Kart... but I get to spend time with my son so I bury my rage and just deal with it. Losing because I got hit with a squid oil slick and spun out on a bleeping banana peel.... WTH!?!?!?!

Ok, I don't even remember now what I was actually going to say. AI... there are definitely bugs there. I've had both terrific races vs AI and absolutely the worst in RF2. I think it's fair to say the frustration lies in that the brilliance is in there, but it can be elusive. Anyway, I'm pulling for you Studio 397. RF2 is already really, really good in many ways and has absolutely improved since taking over. Here's hoping you can pull the remaining rough edges together. The new UI will hopefully roll out soon - what I am hoping for is some of these under the hood adjustments becoming more clearly defined and accessible vs having to know what configuration file, etc. to dig through so setting up things like custom championships are more intuitive.

McKiernan and Seven Smiles like this.