Same old bug with mods :)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by K Szczech, Mar 8, 2013.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I have reported it several builds ago but it still seems to be here.

Here's the situation:

1. I had Meganes installed long time ago
    2. Feels3 has recently released Poznan Circuit with two vmods for it - one with Corvette and the other with Skip - I installed these.
    Important note - I have not installed any other mods, nor visited any online servers since I installed Poznan Circuit. I was just driving offline with C6R and that's it.

This is what happened today:

1. Our portal hosts a race weekend with Meganes at Poznan. vmod was created for this by admin, but I never downloaded it - I assumed it will download automatically when I enter a server.

2. Today I've launched rF2 and found our server on the list
    3. Clicked on that server and "Join" button changed to "Mod" button
    4. I clicked that "Mod" button, typed in password for server and I was taken straight to car selection menu.
    5. After selecting a car track has loaded and I was on the server - drove many laps over multiple sessions (including race)
    6. I exitted rF2 and launched mod manager to check if I have any Megane + Poznan mods - there was none.

So I repeated the test.

Again - "Mod" button appeared, but no mod was downloaded. I was still allowed to join the server.
    I exitted server without exitting rF2 and entered server again.
    Only this time, after clicking "Mod" button and typing in password, I saw a window telling me mod is being installed.

Now I exitted game, went to mod manager and found Megane + Poznan mod installed.

I've launched game again, clicked on our server, and now I see "Join" button, as expected. This confirms that mod wasn't installed first two times, only the third time I entered server.

Along with this bug report, I'll pass a suggestion to give those automatically installed vmod's an expiration period (one month?) and uninstall them automatically aswell, when they were not used for that amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
  2. JGraf

JGraf Registered

to add to this... also reported long ago.

this happens when trying to get-mod from a password server.
    type the server password, press ENTER on the keyboard, you will join the server without having downloaded the vmod, and receive a error if your missing any component of the server vmod.

type the password and click ACCEPT button (do not press ENTER on the keyboard), vmod downloads, and joins to server, OK.

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Thanks, that's an important info.

Although I think I pressed Enter every time, so it may still be related to first and second attempt.