Safety Car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lizardfolk, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Hello, just wondering if the safety car will be implemented in rF2 (and the beta) and if so if it's an improvement from the rF1 system?

2. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Yeah safety car can really alter races, if isn't in the beta which would be understandable i do hope its in the 1.0 release and is an improvement over the old one.

(also nice avatar :p)

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Remember, we will get multiple beta builds. Not just one to test until release. Features will be added, cars will be added, tracks will be added, etc...

So it's quite possible we will get safety car before 1.0 release (or whatever number release is) ;)

4. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

well yes that's what i meant but i sort of meant it as i don't really mind when we get it as long as its there in 1.0 which it would be more than likely be :)

5. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Yeah, the old rF Safety Car was so poor at times that leagues typically didn't use it and that removes such a huge factor in racing if it isn't there. I've asked the question multiple times and I haven't gotten any response from anyone on whether the safety car would be improved upon from the rF because I really want to see leagues start using safety car.

Hopefully there will be a safety car feature and hopefully it wont be crap but it would be nice to get some developers to say that it's being worked on and will be released either with the beta or when it goes gold

(btw nice avatar yourself :p I think I've seen you pass me before as I'm just a poor ol' lizard in a backmarker :eek: LOL)

6. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Safety Car functionality has been improved, but is not perfect yet (but is a LOT better than it was in rF1). There are still some areas we want to refine and new features we want to add. In general though it works pretty well now--not perfect, but not "crap" either :)

But, what we have so far will be included in the first beta release...

7. Lizardfolk

Lizardfolk Registered

Thank you for your rely Scott. I'll be eagerly waiting with my money for the beta's release :D

8. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Great to hear guys :D