S397 Silverstone Historic (AI limited practice laps).

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highlandwalker, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I think there's a bug with the Silverstone Historic. The AI will only do a max of 10-laps during practice even though there was still plenty of time left, the practice was set to a length of 1.5 hrs. The cars used were S397 GT3-s. Has anybody else had this problem. I think I have had this happen on other tracks but can't remember which.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

A little more detail please. What cars? I can say I usually see a different problem, where 2 or 3 cars just don't come out at all. Again, not documented but I guess something to start looking at.

3. Highlandwalker

Track S397 Silverstone Historic.
    Cars all S397 GT3
    Aston Martin
    Audi 2019
    Bentley 2020
    BMW M6
    Callaway Corvette 2017
    Ferrari 488 GT3 2020
    McLaren 720S
    Porsche 911 GT3 2018
    I did 15-laps and returned to pits and every AI car was in the pits and the max laps any had done was 10-laps some were less. I waited about ten minutes and none returned to track. Maybe time related. I did not try the other long layouts of the track, can't stand the the Micky Mouse chicane at the end.
    I've had the same as you where 2 or 3 cars never left the pits, can't recall which track or cars were used. Can't think of any more info.

4. Highlandwalker

I have just carried out another test using the Enduracers P2 cars with the same result, this time the AI did a max of 9-laps, some were less, 5-laps. It seems as if it's a time related issue about 30-mins, after this time they return to the pits or slow down on track and then return to the pits. So it must be a track related issue.