SOLVED S397 Sebring won't load(solved)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It started about the time of the 12 hr online event. I always had 'other' things to do so I haven't chased this fully. But the track won't load. The progress bars comes up and the teeeneeyest, tinyest sliver of yellow appears and then stops. Nothing else happens, but If I press the ALT TAB keys, it shows an error box saying it cannot load some .gmt. Pressing X or OK in that error window the box but no progress is shown on the yellow bar. Everytime I Alt Tab, the error message is there.
    What I have done.
    1. Unsubscribe, resubscribed multiple times
    2. Looked for mulitple Sebring entries in the launcher/packages screen.
    3. Un-installed rF2. (which did fix a bloom issue on one of the new PBR skins)
    4. Re-installed rF2 and loaded Zandvoort perfectly.
    5. Tried to load Sebring 12hr and the same error box was hiding behind the progress bar screen.
    When I previously mentioned this, somebody suggested another mod may have linked to the track, but I can't find any. Hovering over the track in the packages folder doesn't show any other car or mod using it.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What gmt in the error?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Here is the full text of the error box:
    error loading mesh file STRAIGHT_IPB.GMT
    I get the same error at all 4 versions of the track.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I finally got Sebring to load, I had searched, in-game, for every instance of Sebring, re-subscribed, and even thru Steam removed the sim and re-installed. None of that worked.
    So I began searching in windows with file explorer and found a Sebring folder in the Packages folder. Deleted that, Deleted the two Sebring folders inside the Installed\Locations folder and then had steam check the integrity of the game.
    Ta Da! Bumpy nasty Sebring is back! Happy Happy Joy Joy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.