São Paulo 1.01 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I love every single bit of tarmac on this track.
    Especially the sector 2 Ferradura/Laranjinha/T8 combination (high speed double right going into the very tight right hander).
    Man, for me nothing beats racing on this track.

2. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Ok i was something messed up with sectors clearly, sector you mentioned i like most :)

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sector 2 is a tire killer, no doubt though. A lot of traction zones, having to brake and turn at the same time.

Oh, and Mergulho just kills the right front. Such an awesome corner.
    When lining up for it, coming out of Bico de Pato, timing is essential, tranferring weight, not spinning the rear tires, and only steering at an absolute minimum to not induce understeer going into the quick left hander.

Sector 3 is, except for Junção which is such a bitch to get right, where the action ceases for a bit.
    It is however an intimidating start/finish "straight" with the close barriers. The most impressive start/finish straight ever.

4. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Exactly :)

5. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

...not in a 60s F1 car ;)

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Thanks for this great track, looks more than good enough with build 880. Go on with the good work.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It looks positively stunning in the new build. Superb track!

9. stonec

stonec Registered

With the new build including reduced darkness of shadows + shader fix, this track is drivable and looks good between hours 6-9 AM and 15-18 PM. I'm waiting for improvements in HDR to get same experience in daytime.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yes this is track is drivable indeed.:D

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Its a very, very fun track, allows you to keep the tyres at their peak at massive precentage of the lap time, most of other circuits would have that precentage lot lower as opposed to full throttle

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

True dat. :)

Tire management is also a lot of fun on this particular track, because of the many different types of corners.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not noticing any realroad on the curbs at this track.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

All tracks in tropical regions seem to suffer from the same problem. When the sun elevation is close to 90 degrees (race date in Sao Paulo, November 15th, summer in the southern hemisphere) the sky becomes very dark around noon and the lighting looks strange and flat. I see the same at Malaysia. When you change the race date to june or july it looks much better.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Seriously, has something been done to the AI in recent builds? It is nigh on impossible to race with open wheelers such as Formula Renault, Formula ISI, etc. I have it down to 30% aggression on 100% strength and they have weird slow down in corners, dive bomb each other, have weird sudden swerves to the sides. I don't have multiplayer to race on, when I try single player I can't. I was actually attempting to do a live recording of a 5-lap race and after about a dozen restarts I gave up just now.

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The track is better after the last build, Said this, the trees need a lot of work.

17. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

18. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

it also has a new pit exit and new runoff at T2

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The AI is quite "fresh and perky" on this track for sure lol. ;)
    They do some weird stuff in the first couple of laps. After a while it calms down though.

I've been doing 40-50 minute offline races since the track was released.
    Formula Renault 2014 and 2010, Formula ISI, Formula Two and the Skip Barber.
    I find that the first two laps I need to be prepared for everything, so I just chill a bit, let the AI do their thing.
    After that things calm down, they get into a rhythm, and everything works as it should.

That said, I find them to be very aggressive. Super later braking into the Senna S when they're trying to overtake me etc.
    But that's just so much fun. They're not afraid of going side by side either.
    Last night when racing the F1 1992 mod, I had side-by-side action all the way from Ferradura (T6) all the way up to Subida dos Boxes (T14).
    Hakkinen just wouldn't give it up! ;)

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

How/why could they behave differently on the first few laps versus later? I mean from what we know of how the AI are programmed is this even possible?

Perhaps they are just skittish when other AI cars are around and once the field spreads out that becomes less of an issue. Should happen again, though, after a safety car. They can't be nervous because it's the first few laps like we humans ;)