Running on a MacBook Pro 13" running bootcamp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AceLain, Feb 6, 2015.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Hi guys !

My old iMac 2009 with an ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB that I was using to play rFactor (with Low graphic) seems to have a faulty GPU (for the second time)

now I am wondering if it should just be simple to buy a new computer given the fact that it the one that I have is starting to be really old. (and the gnu broke two time already)

so here my question:

does someone know if rFactor2 is able to run OK on a macbookPro 13" with IRIS graphic running on bootcamp ?

or do I really need to look for a computer with an dedicated GPU.

what are you guys thinking ?

Thanks

2. Miro

Miro Registered

I've been running rf2 on a 2009 macbook 2.53 GHz about two years ago. Some combos I could run some not (all without AI) but the framerate wouldn't allow to experience rf2 as you can with a proper tower. But as said it is quite a while since I have done that and meanwhile there were some performance improvements. With ATI anyways AFAIK. You should be able to run it but it isn't somehting for the long run IMO.

3. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Bonjour AceLain - I'm running rF2 very well via Bootcamp on an '09 27" iMac, 2.66, 8GB - using Windows 7 HP. If you don't absolutely need a MacBook, I'd consider an iMac but with a dedicated GPU. Not too sure that IRIS/integrated graphics will do the same frame rates on rF2 as they do for other less graphic intensive games.
    For rF1, I use an '07 MacBook Pro 2.4 with external monitor. Works fine for a less complicated application.

4. AceLain

AceLain Registered

thanks guys !

Yeah in an ideal world, I would go for a new iMac, but the Macbook pro is cheaper... but has only an integrated GPU that's why I am asking :)

if someone has tried it, it would help me :)

Thanks