Running Engine Wear

Discussion in 'Modding' started by claytonbrown, Feb 9, 2017.

1. claytonbrown

claytonbrown Registered

Hi -

Setting up a dedicated server, we have running engine wear to our "wish list".

We'd like to have it set up where, if I finish with 7% engine wear in race 1, then my car starts the next race weekend with 7% engine wear. We thought, by default the game must load the cars into the game with 0% engine wear, and that worst case scenario we'd open each of those files and alter the line of code for engine wear. I assume to do this we'd need each car saved as it's own type of car, so instead of 22 "F1 2009 v5" mods, we'd have 1 called "F1 2009 v5 Red Line", 1 called "F1 2009 v5_Apex Racing", etc.

So the "Red Line" mod might start the 13th race with 17% engine wear, while the "Apex Racing" mod might start that race with 26% engine wear - putting them at a disadvantage.

Trying to create those real life moments of strategy, like "12 laps to go, we've got a 36 second lead, let's turn down the engine".

To do this we'd at the very least need to have a way to take a snapshot of all the cars at the conclusion of the race - gathering their current "state". We'd make note of the Engine Wear number and update the files for the next race.

Any ideas how best to implement this?

Ernie likes this.