Running 2 computers on LAN.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by billybanger, Aug 13, 2019.

1. billybanger

billybanger Registered

My internet connection is very bad as I live out in the country. My wife and I have been racing against each other using GTSport and PS4. Now GTSport is not supporting that anymore. I have 2 PC's that are pretty new with multi core CPU's. My question is, can we each create a steam account and buy 2 copies of rF2, one to run on each computer? We would be using a wired lan going through a router. I have read here that one of the computers would start a dedicated server. Then both computers would start their copies of rF2 in steams offline mode. The dedicated server, if setup properly, would be seen on the lan and we could both join a multiplayer session there. Is this correct? Is there any information on how to set this up properly? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Two steam accounts, 2 copies of rF2, no worries. Rather than run a dedicated server you might host a multiplayer game from within the launcher and then both join that. It's a bit less complicated that way. You should have no problems running through a LAN connection. I think you have to be in on line mode to establish the connection though. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that. :)