Run a 1 lap race.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jason Fox, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Jason Fox

Jason Fox Registered

My motion system is used at public events and we want to limit the riders to a single lap race. The GUI doesn't allow max laps below 2. I use to be able to manually adjust the player.json file to avoid this, but now the game seems to always automatically adjust my manual value back to 2 when rFactor 2 launches. Anyone have a successful work around for this? Also, anyone know what the game is configured this way? Is the idea of running a single lap race that odd that it wouldn't even be an option?

2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Can't you just set up 2 lap race with formation & standing start? That way you could simply skip formation and have one lap left for the race. ;)

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That doesn't make any sense. The formation lap doesn't count as a race lap.

@Jason Fox perhaps you can ask S397 for assistance, I'm sure you're already in touch with them as you can't use rF2 in a commercial setting without their approval.

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

OK, was sure it does :D

5. Bernd

Bernd Registered

What should work is, when you clone the xfinish, xsector1 and xsector2 meshes and put them renamed as xfinisha, xsector1a and xsector2a for example, close behind of each other and close in front of the existing xfinish mesh in that order.
    When the race starts, you will cross xfinisha, xsector1a, xsector2a and xfinish, which should be detected as the first lap.
    In the scn file, you can add the 3 cloned meshes into the instances of their 'parent' meshes.

Vance Le Garde likes this.