RPM Lights

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nickbalti, May 17, 2015.

1. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Hi all.

I've got LED lights (16 of them) and I want to replicate the F1 Dash system where they light up and certain rpms.

It seems to be not specific to each car. So does anyone know that values I should do them as? Like every 200 rpm or percentages?

Thank you.

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

That is actually preference of drivers as of "how do those indicators freak out according to RPM",

Its usually that the LED completelly fill up when you are at the peak power RPM (Where the HP and torque curves meet on the engine output curve) but its played with according to engine mapping and fuel consuption, so as far as i know, you cant do this completelly realistically as it probably varies from driver to driver and even from track to track.

It should be percentage because you can reduce the engine RPM limiter in the setups for various reasons, but you always want to fully utilize those LEDs

3. redapg

redapg Registered

You normally have 32 LED-objects (materialnames from XXX00-XXX31) that you can use.
    And they show up related to the max rpm (RevLimit) as given in the engine.ini.

E.g. when you have a car with a RevLimit from 14000 RPM and use all 32 objects, the calculation is 14000/32=437,5.
    So with every 437,5 RPM more, the next led shows up at this car.

When you just want to use the ones that show up shortly before you have to shift, just use e.g. LED-objects with the materialnames
    XXX31 for the "red" LED (max Rev)
    XXX29 and XXX30 for yellow LEDs
    XXX27 and XXX28 for green LEDs

You can vary here like you want.

4. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

Thank you. Does anyone know the max rpm for the clip

5. nickbalti

nickbalti Registered

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, 7500 RPM