SOLVED Router hell !

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by kro388th, Sep 21, 2014.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

OK my old pos router was finally replaced with a netgear r6200v2 .. Im hard wired in for the game box ..
    My issue is when I try to open the ports for file sharing/hosting •Port Settings: default in MP.ini ◦Simulation Port="54297" range is 1025 - 65535
    ◦HTTP Server Port="64297" range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

I get a port range is already being used fail msg , it doesn't tell me by what it simply refreshes after the fail msg ,

"The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations. Please check your configurations of USB Readyshare, Remote Management, Port Forwarding, Port Triggering, UPnP Port Mapping table, RIP, and Internet connection type."

none of these are being used by me or at least I haven't activated any of them its strictly a game box ,I don't share a printer on the network or have any of that stuff enabled

I have opened 34295-34967 and that allows me to see my own server and join so it seems fine but for any clients they can' see the game but the join button remains dark or un active so they cant join or get mod .. with the older router it worked fine players could join get mod ,dl missing files .. now im stuck :-( all the right stuff is set to "true" in the mp.json to allow file shareing ectt..

it does work fine for my other sim ,I can host and players join no issues ..that's in AC but it auto configs and has no file shareing bla bla .. .. Im hosting from my game box so its not a remote Ded but again it worked with the old router .. if it would just let me open the ports it would be fine

I only host for a few of us to pass the mod around, practice before the main servers go up ectt..

Any ideas ?

thx in advance for ANY help at all ..

frustrated .. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
  2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

"The specified port(s) are being used by other configurations."

Have you tried changing the port numbers?

Change your mp file simulation and http ports to a different number within the specified ranges. You should only need to forward those 2 ports not a range. I can't remember if the sim port is TCP or UDP etc ...have you tried both?

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

No I haven't ! Lol I reely don't know what I'm doing lol The old router was simple , this new one has all kinds of stuff that I will never use ..

Ok so your saying I can try using any number within the range posted in the MP.json ? Do I need to edit the mo.json to match what I'm changing them to ?

I know what your talking about with the simulation port number , it's a 5xxx number , I'm at work today so can't have a look , but I'm open to try anything and I'm not that knolagable about any of that stuff lol , my old one was just simple and everything worked !

I can see and join my own game others can see it but not join ???

Again thx for your help !
    Any examples of what to change them to?

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Yes.

You could change the mp.json so that the simulation port is 1025 and the HTTP server is 1026. (or any other numbers in the range)

In your Router you would forward TCP/UDP External Starting Port 1025. External Ending Port 1025. Tell it the internal (Static) IP of your PC.

Add another service and forward HTTP , External Starting Port 1026, External Ending Port 1026 and the IP again.

It is a long time since I played around with a server so if anyone else wants to chime in and correct me...... :)

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thanks so much ! I will try those , also players can see my game but not join .. I found these in MP.json and wonder if announce should be true ?

"Announce Allowed":false,
    "Announce Allowed#":"Whether to announce server to matchmaker",
    "Announce Host":true,
    "Announce Host#":"Whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service", thanks !

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Ok I finally got it sorted , Thanks for your help kap !

I followed your suggestion only sticking with the default numbers and only adding to the next hundred, the blocking issue was caused by something in the "port triggering" section of the router , once I cleared that the ports became free ad I was able to set the right ports and have it stick !

thx again ;-)