Round 4 - Oran Park GP - Saturday, January 26, 2013 (21:00 GMT/4:00 PM EST)

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by hoser70, Jan 20, 2013.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

[​IMG]

Round 4 of the Megane series fast approaches as we take on a great, new circuit to rFactor 2. Oran Park plays host this week as the series tackles this tricky, short circuit.

With lap times around 1:03 - 1:05 there will be plenty of traffic to negotiate all race long - who can get through it clean to claim the win? Only time will tell!

Qualifying begins at 21:00 GMT (4:00 PM EST) for the 85 Lap Event at Oran Park.

IMPORTANT: To race and earn points you must be signed up at our web site here... click the big blue "Join Today" Icon at the top of the page or go directly to the registration page by following this link...

Track and vmod download links available below.

Race at a Glance:

Race Day: Saturday, January 26, 2013
    Time: 19:00 GMT Practice / 21:00 GMT Qualify (2:00 PM Practice / 4:00 PM Qualify USA Eastern Time)
    Server Name: FLR - Megane League
    LiveMonitor: LiveMonitor with Hotlaps
    Track: Oran Park - GP also download PukeKohe Park v0.4 as it will be our next race
    Vehicle: Renault Megane
    VMod: http://www.finelineracing.net/downloads/rFactor2/mods/FLR-Megane-League-1-26.rfmod (to keep things clean its recommended to uninstall & delete previous FLR league mods from your mod folder before installing this one)
    Race Length: 85 Laps (Approximately 90 minutes)
    Fuel: 1x - normal
    Tires: 1x - normal
    Driver Aids: Auto Clutch allowed
    Driver View: Cockpit or Nose Allowed

The server is up now for practice. It is set to a 10 lap race for the times there are enough people who want to test it out in race conditions.

Fine Line Racing is always accepting new drivers. Come take a look and if you like, get signed up and stay a while... ;-) Web Site can be found here: www.finelineracing.net

Since this track is unfortunately no longer with us, here's a quick history of the track:

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
  2. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Not a whole lot of times up there yet. Tony and I were in there over the weekend running laps. It's bumpy, but it's a fun, challenging track and should make for a great league race this Saturday.

Here are the times so far:
    [​IMG]

You can join us! Sign up today by visiting our web site here: www.finelineracing.net

We race rFactor2 every other Saturday with times convenient to both sides of the Atlantic (even for those Sunday morning types down under). ;-)

3. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Oh Kalle you bastage! ;-)

[​IMG]

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Pedal to the metal! :D

5. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Fursure! ;-)

BTW - our server is down and will be down until 23:00 GMT tonight (server work). I'll let you all know when it's back up.

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Server's back up guys...

7. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Alrighty guys - one day before the big race and here's the practice times so far:
    [​IMG]

In case you are wondering the track is loaded with a saved real road. It's hard to see it but it's there.

It's not to late to join us tomorrow and get in on the fun Fine Line rFactor 2 racing action. Check us out here: www.finelineracing.net and sign up today. We'll take registrations up to 2:00 PM EST (19:00 GMT) tomorrow for those looking to join and race tomorrow.

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Wow, bumpy as all heck, especially that ast turn, the corrugations make it so easy to lose grip XD
    The inside car cam combined with the odd lighting is making my eyes go crazy. Must be too tired or something lol

Any chance you managed to work out a fix for the dirty, yellow, horrible windscreen? Yet again, it's easier to see the track with the bumper cam, as there is none of the horrible highlighting you see with the inside cam.

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Couldn't agree more. Yesterday did some laps and towards the end of the session my times were getting worse and worse. Those horrible bumps really drain your life force pretty quickly! :) Especially the last corner is impossible to drive consistently lap after lap. And those curbs... think I hate 'em already! :)

Crazy track and interesting to see how many are able to finish in one piece. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
  10. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I have managed to fix the windscreen guys - just won't be able to get it out in time for today's race. For Round 5 I'll include it (meaning the download will be around 67 MB vs. 1). ;-)

That's ok though - then you'll see my beautiful paint job too, LOL!

Yes, bumpy as hell is right. Should be interesting. ;-)

11. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

It's RACEDAY boys and girls!

The server will be reset with password at 19:00 GMT, after which we will run a 2 hour practice session. Qualifying starts at 21:00 GMT (4:00 PM USA Eastern Time).

GOOD LUCK TO ALL RACERS!

Oh, it's not too late to join us. Visit us at www.finelineracing.net and get signed up by two to join this great group of racers!

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Great job! I don't know if you left any dirt on it or wiped it clean :) but just wanted to say that the reflection texture shouldn't be sharp like the original was but instead blurry. When driving a real car your eyeballs are focused far on the road and therefore dirt on the windscreen is experienced blurry. It's only sharp when you choose to look the surface of the windscreen but of course this can't be done with 2D screens. So on transparent things at game world one must choose which one is more important over other and make one sharp and other blurry.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2013
  13. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

3. :)

Yeah it was very tiresome but luckily was able to find good rhythm after few laps and things went smoothly. My hands were quite sore after the race so it was one of the hardest races I've experienced. Got little help from Ms. Fortuna too as Ash had bad luck at the start so basically didn't have pressure from guys behind.

However nice and memorable experience so thanks! :)

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yeah, 7 or 8 started, 3 finished XD
    I'm guessing crashes claimed people, saw them slowly just popping off the timing sheets.

Yep, I reckon I could have easily run with you the whole race. We were pitting at the same times too XD
    As for the start, thats just the way racing goes. Got punted to last and got damaged, and once I'd come through the back guys, I was already 15s down on 2nd. Once 2nd place (Tony?) had gone, I was a further 20s down on you Kalle.

I pushed for a bit, pulled 4-5 seconds back, but then run wide in a corner, lose it all again. That cycle repated a few times, then I started to get paranoid about the tyres, as they seemed to be wearing away really quickly (Was it all the bumps and corrugations?). After hearing how the game crashes if they reach 0%, I didn't want that to happen :eek:

Happy to have survived XD

EDIT: One great thing I noticed was the racing line rubbering looked a bit more real IMO on this track. None of this pitch black, scrappy looking bollocks like in other tracks.
    Downside is I couldn't see any rubber marbles.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  15. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Thanks to those who came out guys. We have more than 30 drivers signed up, but only 7 showed for this race. I'm hoping you all come back in two weeks when we run Pukekohe since it's a lot easier to drive. ;-)

I was one of the folks who wrecked, but it was very strange. I spun out of the first tight left turn and hit the wall. I would have been able to keep going, but at the same time I hit the wall something happened to my graphics. THey just froze, then went black. I'm thinking it's perhaps the new driver I am running, but my race was over at that point as I had to do a hard reboot.

I have to apologize to Ash. I punted him on the start entering turn 1. I got my right side tires into the grass and then spun out of control right into him.

I feel terrible that it affected your race and a chance at the win. That will definitely be a penalty on me int he race review. ;_)

16. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yeah those racing accidents happen every now and then - unfortunate but still not a big deal. You can stop worrying about it since I wouldn't have let Ash to take the win from me so... ;)

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

LOL - I wonder how Ash feels about this? ;-)

18. Minibull

Minibull Member

All good man, I wouldn't worry about a penalty ai. Just a racing incident, not like you piled down the inside trying to get to first. A second place was managed, and its still close between Kalle and I.

Well it's impossible to really call, but I reckon I would have pipped you in this one mate XD
    Or you mean your words in a more sinister tone, like a Schumacher/Hill moment...

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

He's probably pretty pissed off by it right now and went practicing Pukekohe with a strong determination of showing at next race who has got the biggest balls! ;)

20. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I'm joking of course. :) To be honest I was half sad when you lost the fight for win at T1 because it would have been extremely hard fight! The other side of me was on the other hand pretty reliefed because didn't have to go through that hell! :D