CS-closed Rookie Cup (Alpine A110 Cup) (Q1-S1)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

The fix for the GT4 version was used and is inappropriate for the cup car version used in the CS this time. I'm sure they will either remove it or update it with one that has been provided for the cup car version soon.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
    makan likes this.
  2. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Credit where credit's due!
    Did an Alpine race yesterday after not playing rf2 for almost a year and it was really fun and did work without problems! (yes I did skins but didn't drive/play + it was uninstalled a long time)

Had a nice grid size (which for me is >10) and no wrecker or idiot.
    It just worked and was easy to use and I see myself doing more races in the future.

Obviously there's still a lot of stuff missing and the player numbers are still really really low, but I think it's a good starting point.
    Keep it up S397 and perhaps rf2 will be growing soon again!

(But I'm still REALLY pissed you didn't fix the norma with the last update :mad:)

ir Sindaco and TrigMan59 like this.
  3. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Registered

Hi , wanted to do a race tonight but at the start of the race i didn't have FFB.
    Happens quit a lot to me, when in practice or quali i just pres esc and FFB is back, is there something i can do to avoid this??
    Greetings

4. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

A key must be assigned for "reset FFB".

5. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Registered

Ok, thanks

mixer61 likes this.
  6. Lars W. Andersen

Lars W. Andersen Registered

Hi ... not sure if this is the place for this, but is the competition system having some probles as of right now? 15:30 GMT Friday 18th
    It worked fine yesterday when I last looked at it ... was getting ready for my first ever online rookie race, and finally gotten a hang of that VERY fun oversteering Alpine :D

My UI freezes up ... are unable to get past "Checking update content" Im not able to exit back to main menu ... switching between different competitions are sloooow if at all possible.
    Normal offline racing works fine, if I kill and restart RF2.
    My internet is otherwise fine .. 1Gbit up/down and fine latency to most things. The racing PC is exempt on my PiHoles and I cant see anything strange logged there.

Take a look at the photo to see what it looks like. Anyone else seeing this?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wj1vaYHPUWcJaZBP6
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    OneMoreOdd likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I read that people fixed this sort of thing by removing a folder named localstorage, but I don't know from the top of my head where it is

OneMoreOdd likes this.
  8. Lars W. Andersen

Later last night it just magically worked, so I think it might have been server side issues? But I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks!

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For a long while mine would resolve itself just by exiting and going back in (yes, the exiting took a good minute or two). Then that seemed to not work. For many restarting rF2 or rebooting would do it. So I'd consider your improvement more likely along those lines.

Next time try the LocalStorage thing (there's no settings in there that I'm aware of, it's all a cache and log).

Lars W. Andersen likes this.
  10. Lars W. Andersen

Noted .... I'll try that next time. I had it freeze up completely on the competition screen ... left it there and came back half an hour later ... had to kill the windows process for RF2 completely. Tried a number of times with the same result.

11. evi

evi Registered

I can confirm this. Tried rookie test session yesterday - car swapped ends on first braking. The same for my friend. And we like to drive old F1 cars.
    I tried adjusting setup but didn't arrive at anything we liked. Car felt very unstable in general. Haven't driven Aplines for some time, but I don't remember it being so unstable.

I noticed a lot of other players ending the same - snap oversteer on applying brakes. So quite a lot of players came in, did less than 10 laps and quit. IMHO, for a rookie cup, default setup should be pleasant to drive, stable and encouraging to push. At the moment we are pushing away quite a few potential drivers.

Maybe default setup in the mod should be improved. Maybe someone could create a good default setup and post it competition page or somewhere easy to find. Or maybe both - better setup and locked, because at the moment the division is by technical knowledge and ability to setup the car. Not very encouraging for rookies.

FrC, Remco Majoor and StuartAM like this.
  12. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Agree about the fact the car is unstable on hard braking
    But to be honest it took me a couple of laps to adjust my foot pressure to avoid snapping the car
    I would say its actually a good exucational thing but yes i also understand some people could be put off

I did it online on the MP server but couldnt join the competition in the end as the UI is broken in Competition like others noticed

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes, but there's a workaround to make it responsive. Delete/rename LocalStorage under your player folder.

ir Sindaco likes this.
  14. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

the Local storage in Local storage,
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\LocalStorage\Local Storage

or all that is under the Local storage root folder?
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\LocalStorage

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, I meant the LocalStorage (no space) under the player folder. Maybe the inner one will work, but it's all temp storage. I'd just do the top one and make sure.

Might just be coincidence, but for me this seems more of an issue now than previously. I renamed mine yesterday and it fixed it; loaded up today and it was slow again, and had to delete it again. If I were going to use the CS I'd delete it before starting rF2 as a matter of habit.

16. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

ok thanks. would be nice to get a silent fix with the Game flushing this folder at the end of session then rather than users having to do thsiu manually

I mean its a RF2 selling point to get a proper Competitions system running so they should put some focus here

17. ir Sindaco

ir Sindaco Member Staff Member

There’s a nice and very driveable setup shared on page 2 of this thread, give it a go and let people know!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    StuartAM likes this.
  18. evi

evi Registered

Yep. Tried that as well. Car is still quite twitchy, Under braking and under acceleration.
    And I tried Alpine mod 1.0 (from workshop) vs Alpine mod 1.10cs (from S397 server). Completely different cars.
    Do try for yourself. Just out of curiosity.

FrC likes this.
  19. JesooCreesto

JesooCreesto Registered

Had some fun in the first 2 rounds, but dirty and dishonest drivers have gotten far worse lately. Sorry but I'm bailing out, this is way too much for me.

20. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

Well, that is my setup. If you find still twitchy you can use more front brake bias and more positive toe or 1-2mm lower at rear ride height to improve under acceleration, but car will be slower, it would be more understeer.
    Maybe it's not the better physics like real car, but sure it's funny and enough stable to drive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.