Road surface blurry beyond about 20 feet

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ricknau, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

What setting do I do I change to extend the sharper looking track texture a little further down the track? It's most noticeable on the white line on the edge of the track.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It might be a specific track thing (made by the modder).

People in the Road America 1.3 thread are working this stuff out to show the track and white lines better. Do a search and check out that thread! :)

3. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I'll search for that. Just happens that is the very track I am noticing it on. :)
    wouldn't have suspected it was track dependent.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I presume you don't override settings with nvidea...

Ingame:

Options ==> Display ==> texture filtering: set it on X8 or X16

If you changed the texture sharpening in the player.json : set it back at 5 (is default settings)

If that doesn't work ==> reset everything back to default and clean up shader cache. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rf2-graphic-bugs-things-to-check-first.106607/
    after that: Set up the video settings, in game display settings again and choose your controller profile again. And go... :)

5. stonec

stonec Registered

You can also edit material bias from a track editor, changing the bias number to negative will sharpen the texture at angle, although this is considered bad practice. The proper solution would be to increase anisotropic filtering like mentioned, any modern GPU can easily handle X8/16 AF.

6. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Thanks guys. Your suggestions worked! Somehow my texture sharpening was on 0 which equals off even though default is 5. Not sure how it got that way but going to 5 made a noticeable improvement. Then bumped in-game texture filter from 8 to 16 for a very satisfying look. I'm synced to my 60hz monitor rate and still don't drop below that so its all for free! Can't beat that.

Thanks for responding. I know these are basic settings but even so I could have spent hours in research.