Rims and Tires not taking same pivot, pic provided.

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Tim Bennett, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

I have been messing with this issue and just cannot get it resolved. I have 2 objects per tire group, same pivot points, but they always look like this. Double checked HDV to make sure everything for track and base were at 0.0......does anybody have any ideas? I've went through the modding doc about 100 times and i know i'm doing it right, but they always come out this way.

View attachment 4422

2. RMachucaA

RMachucaA Registered

Try using the real positions in the HDV for track\base. Also check your spindle positions.

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

This looks like rims have centered pivot and tyres to the world than they are moved. Maybe have something unchecked when exporting the file?

4. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito Registered

Like Ales already said, it sounds like the pivot is at world origin. In 3ds max, is the origin/pivot of the tyre located at the wheel centre or at the world origin (0,0,0)? If it is at (0,0,0) you need to move it to the wheel centre.

To move the pivot/origin just select the object and click move tool. Then go to Hierarchy tab and check "Only affect pivot"

How are the two object specified in the GEN file?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  5. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

Pivots were fine, and Ales thank you! For some reason even though i set them all up to have "Move" checked, when i selected them together it was removing that tag, so i had to select them all and uncheck and recheck move.

6. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Don't need to set "Move" checkbox. Only need to set "Move" the Helmet and the steering wheel.

7. Tim Bennett

Tim Bennett Registered

I'm not sure then, because that is the only thing i did different and now it's working fine.

8. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I always set everything to "Move" and "Deform" for car parts. I don't know, has always worked fine. Maybe I am doing something very wrong.

:D