Ride Height Issues

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by LoSte7, Jan 28, 2019.

1. LoSte7

LoSte7 Registered

thanks lagg and bernd for your advice, i used winmerge before.

but, thanks to Bernd, i recheck my hdv and i found some errors in writing the parameters, and i corrected thm so now i can read the right ride heigh of my car, but there is an other issues.

when my car move, compared to the modet i start from in rF1, the suspension pos change a lot, so with the same springs, bumpstopspring,bumpstoptravels and everything equal also in the setup, my car in rF2 move a lot more and touch the ground immediatly.

anybody had the same problem, converting a car from rF1 to rF2 and know why?there is something different in calculations from rF2

P.S. also the aero of the car is the same

thanks

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Normally the suspension travel should be the same in rf1 and rf2, when you use the same values for the, the suspension travel influencing entries.
    It's again the same thing like before.
    Without the original rf1 files that you have mentioned and also the files that you now use in rf2, nobody can help you seriously. ;)

3. LoSte7

LoSte7 Registered

i completely understand what you said but i can not give you HDV from rF1, simply because is not mine, is property of a team i'm working with, but i can ask you a thing more, and maybe this could be the solution to my issue.

the car i'm modding is an old Formula car, and i use the data of that car taken from manual, but, looking in to rF's mod if i well understood, the pushrod are just used to define how suspension will move, and not as the real pushrod of the car, right?
    in fact in the rF1 mod they are described in this way:
    FRONT:
    PushrodSpindle=(0.0136434844327472,-0.463859014476559,-0.0983933237664294)
    PushrodBody=(0.0136434844327472,1.53614098552344,-0.0983933237664294)
    REAR:
    PushrodSpindle=(0,-0.2,0)
    PushrodBody=(0,2,0)

at the end my conclusion is that i have to define them to have the correct motion ratio between wheel and chassis, and not as the real pushrod are dimensioned, right?

this even if i use chassis.ini and not suspension.pm? am i right?

thanks again guys

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Yes, rfactor don't supports the suspension of f1 cars, where pushrods are connected over a lever to the spring/damper.
    Maybe in rfactor it's the easiest way that you simply use an upright pushrod and define the travel with the BumpStopTravels= values.
    I don't know the formula that rfactor uses to calculate the travel, so an upright pushrod should be the easiest way to be able to check and modify the travel.