Ride height changes with fuel etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Apr 18, 2018.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Why doesn’t rf2 show ride height changes between empty and full fuel tank,camber and pressure changes in the garage setup menu.
    Do I need motec to see these.

Been practicing for qualifying with s balanced setup,but the when I add race fuel I get mad understeer,but have now clue which end I need to raise or lower or by how much.

Also changing pressures or ride heights do not effect wheel load in the garage settings.

This seems very silly to not have these live changes displayed in the garage,I mean rf2 is such a great sim,but it’s lacking these basic displays

qusimano likes this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

iracing support that feature and it is very cool
    please rf2 people answer

patchedupdemon and ebeninca like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The ride height you see is the setup ride height, not a resultant ride height. You do need telemetry to see the actual ride height when you're in the car.

Wheel load won't change with a tyre pressure adjustment, because the ride height in the setup is a target rather than just a result. So if you massively raise or lower the tyre pressure to the extent that ride height should be affected, the setup is actually changed to arrive at the ride height you've set. As for ride height itself, it will take a bit of a change to see a difference in wheel load.

Now, this ride height setting isn't what people expect it to mean, and this sort of issue is something that was mentioned a couple of months ago as something they were looking to overhaul so it was more intuitive. So there will be change here.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

Hopefully they will also change the tyre spring rate to be read from the TGM file.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What do you mean?

6. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

In order to match the ride height in garage one has to adjust the tyre spring rates in the TBC file, both the base value and the perkpa value. You can easily test this in devmode.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ah, right, I see now. I would hope an update in this area would make the current ride height reading obsolete.