Rfpro rf2 colab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patchedupdemon, Sep 29, 2017.

1. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

been thinking about laser scanned tracks which are great,but for me they are more of a marketing thing to draw folks in.

Just saw a new twitter feed from rfpro where they showcase sepang and say fair well,and that they have loved the challenge of lidar scanning the tracks.

http://www.rfpro.com/news/2017/09/farewell-sepang.aspx?
    t=1&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email&iid=a37de5bd107b435f965acf7cf0cd9fcb&uid=2999717127&nid=244+276893704

Could marcel or any one from Isi s397 comment on wether or not a collaboration could be reached where for rf2 could utilise the tracks scanned by rfpro,or licence the data off them,to save s397 having to acquire their own scanning tech.
    Id be willing to pay decent money for it to be feasible for rf2 to do this.

What do you guys think,is it a shut up and take my money idea,or shut up and post less on these forum op lol

2. filippu

filippu Registered

Pretty much this :p Search on the forum for rfpro, it's been brought up many times, the answers are there to be seen.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess that companies providing simulation support to professional teams not only compete for delivering the most accurate simulation of the car but also for providing accurate representation of the tracks.

The only feasible way to do this would be to actually reduce accuracy.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Been discussed a few times and no chance.
    It may have a similar name but completely different market and designed for race teams only.
    I know where you are coming from though. They have some very well modelled tracks.

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Speaking of sepang specifically, there is a very DETAILED TRACK MAP in PDF out in the public domain, one could say it is SIC.;);)