rfcmp mods in full detail?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by HarryD, Apr 21, 2017.

1. HarryD

HarryD Registered

hi, i got rf2 a few days ago and love it so far but have an issue with non-steam installed mods.
    so when you get a car or track online, as a .rfcmp file, and put in packages folder and install it in launcher, in game i have car and track detail set to low or medium, however with the non steam mods they always seem to be in full detail which kills my fps. i could run a new car on an original track, the track will be low detail but the car will be in full detail and vice versa, so its impossible for me to run a new car on new track due to low fps.
    i know this is like this because despite changing the track and car details around, the non steam tracks and cars dont change detail atall, and are very detailed.
    any help on how to make these cars and tracks run on lower detail would be greatly appreciated.

2. toebee

toebee Registered

Well not knowing what MODs you are talking about here so this is more of an educated guess. It sounds like the Modder who created it didn't add LOD's (level of detail). If this is the case there is nothing an end user can really do. You can change your settings all day, but the mod needs to be built to take advantage of those settings.

peterchen likes this.
  3. HarryD

HarryD Registered

sorry i should have specified. so far i have tried 3 tracks - istanbul, road atlanta and valencia street circuit, and the car mod was f1 2013.
    if what youre saying is the reason why then that us fully understandable and annoying, but so be it.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yup, like toebee said, it´s coincidence so to speak. You had just luck that workshop mods you tried where properly made.

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

If you are speaking of F1RFT2013, it works fine, at least the version I use (excellent mod).
    Try it on ISI tracks to isolate where the problem is (ISI Portugal for instance), I remember trying an awful Valencia street circuit (fps wise) some time ago.

Cheers.

6. HarryD

HarryD Registered

Hi, I'll try this later. Do you know what version of the mod you have? Cheers

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I run version 1.35, it's not the last, but I run with high or full details for my car and opponents (I believe last version improved fps). Please could you introduce in your profile the hardware you use, may be someone can give you a hint about your problems.

Cheers.