Rfcmp installed, but not visible in cars list

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Rony1984, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi all,

I'm an absolut noob when it comes to modding and have been trying to convert a rf1 mod to rf2 with the help of one of the turitorials here in this forum.

I've created the rfcmp using the MAS2 utility, put it in the packages folder and installed it. The ui content manager and Modmgr tool both show it as installed, but it won't show up in the list of cars. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it using both aforementioned methods, but it doesn't make a difference. IMG_20230127_195235_536.jpg IMG_20230127_195009_340.jpg

I'm probably missing something obvious here. Does anyone have an idea what the cause might be?

2. dimaone

dimaone Registered

возможно не хватает каких-то файлов например hdv,cockpit ini или других upload_2023-1-28_9-22-53.jpeg upload_2023-1-28_9-22-53.jpeg

DanRZ likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

I would have to write a Book, to list all Possibilities, that make a Car not showing up in the Menu.
    And that you have no Experience with modding rFactor doesn't make it easier.
    I don't know which Tutorial you did use, but you did convert the rFactor 1 gmt to rFactor 2 gmt and use tgm Files, correct?
    I have seen that you have the AE86_Club installed too.
    If your AE86test uses the same veh Files like the AE86_Club, that could be one Reason why your Cars don't show up.
    Uninstall the AE86_Club and check if you can select your Cars then.
    If they are still not there, i would suggest to at first get it working in the ModDev.
    If it works there, you can package it and install it in the Game.
    But also when it works in the ModDev, there can be Reasons why it won't show up in the Game, like the above mentioned identical veh Files with an already installed Mod, for Example.

4. SharD

SharD Registered

Check whether the cars have the right files (.tbc, .hdv, .gen, .sfx etc).

If any of these are missing, the cars won't show up.

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Thank you much for all the responses. I did convert the rf1 gmts to rf2 and did use TGMs, which file names I did add to the TBC file.

@redapg I actually used your excellent online conversion tools. It's such a great help for a newbie like me.

@dimaone thanks for that overview, a picture says more than a thousand words:)

I'll use this info and try to figure out where I went wrong.

redapg likes this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

@Rony1984 Good Luck and as said, get it working in the DevMode, before you package it and try to use it in the Game. ;)

7. Anthony Walker

Anthony Walker Registered

Hey @Rony1984 did you manage to resolve this, I'm having the same issue?