RFCMP Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GoldenBear, Oct 2, 2019.

1. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Hi. As of yesterday rfcmp files from 3rd party mods do not show up in the launcher to install them. I did the old verify cache thing and well as tried existing mods that I know have shown up to install them. Therefore as of now I cannot install anything via the rF2 launcher.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did your packages path get changed?

3. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I had checked that too. No, it is still where it should be but thanks.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Is it doing it with all 3rd party mods?

5. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Yes. I keep back ups of all installed mods and even one's I have installed will not show up in packages if I put the rfcmp's back in there.

I even tried packing an rfcmp for a track and installing it via mod manager. It say it was packaged correctly and installed but it is nowhere in the locations or packages folder.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Can you drive it using the vmod you made?

7. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I am not sure what you mean. All items do install from the workshop. All previously installed rfmods are working as well. I simply cannot install anything else right now. This is a bug that I have never encountered before. I do not want to have to reinstall the entire game obviously.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

In single player, choose events. Pick the vmod you made and see if the mod loads.

OOPS, sry... didn't read properly...the vmod isn't showing

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are several steps to try BEFORE doing a re-install.(which isn't that bad, just back up your player folder and let Steam do the rest)
    In steam verify the integrity of the sim, check which version you are using. Something packaged with a previous version may not work properly now if you used any of the DLCs,(most of which have undergone several updates)

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'm a bit confused, is the base mod not showing or the vmod you made not showing?

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Can you post a screenshot of your mod manager?

12. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

I use the in game launcher to install rfcmp files I have placed in the packages folder. But now the files do not show up in the packages row to install them. I am talking about using the box icon 2nd from the top in the rF2 launcher. There is no way to install these files if the game does not see them. I can make servers and/or install via the workshop but as stated the rfcmp files will not show up in the launcher. Already verified the game files. It has nothing to do with obsolete versions or broken mods as I cannot even reinstall already installed ones for the same reason. They will not show up in packages... Also yes, the location to put the packages in is correct. :)

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Just so we're sure we're all on the same page. The directory for your packages folder in the launcher (as highlighted in the attached picture) is the correct path to your packages folder on your computer?
    pack.JPG
    folder.png

14. GoldenBear

GoldenBear Registered

Bingo! That was the problem. Somehow there was a new entry with bin32/packages and it was highlighted. I don't know how it got there but removing the bin32 extension fixed it.

Thanks to you and all for the help.

Attached Files:

15. GertjanD

GertjanD Registered

Sorry for the bump, but very grateful for this thread. I had the same problem.