rFator2 plugin being run twice, 2 instances within one rFactor2 instance?

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by antfurn, Dec 17, 2012.

1. antfurn

antfurn Registered

rFactor2 plugin being run twice, 2 instances within one rFactor2 instance?

Hi, I'm porting over a plugin from rFactor to rFactor2 and it appears that my plugin is being picked up and run twice by rFactor2
    A quick search hasn't found anyone else reporting this, but unless your plugin connects to external resources in real time, then I guess it could be going unnoticed.
    I'm running with build 1125 now, but I've also seen it on 1107.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is there something in the new rFactor2 plugin interface that needs modifying to stop my code being run twice?

Thanks for any help,
    Antony

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  2. Kev

Kev Registered

Probably i can help.
    I got similar behavior once.
    rFactor is really intelligent and loading every file from Plugins folder that CONTAINS '.dll' in its name. For ex, if you renaming your old plugin to 'Plugin.dll.bak' and copy new version as 'Plugin.dll' - they both will be loaded. If so, you should break '.dll' sequence, i usually rename to '.1dll' and this files not loaded anymore.

3. antfurn

antfurn Registered

Hi Kev,
    Great, I'll make sure I only have one copy of my plugin anywhere near the rFactor2 path.
    Thanks, Antony

4. antfurn

antfurn Registered

So I've checked and double checked, only one copy of my plugin in the plugin folder hierarchy :-(
    Still getting two entries into the destructor method after I've attached the debug to the rFactor2 process.

I'm going to make a very simple plugin that just appends to a file when ever it is called, just to see if that happens twice too.

Antony

5. antfurn

antfurn Registered

OK, well more messing with my plugin and it seems to be fixed. Although I don't know exactly what I changed to fix it :-(
    I was playing with the plugin interface version number and also remove some original rFactor1 plugin code that no longer seemed required. And now it works as I expect it too - so something a bit odd going on.
    Thanks anyway, Antony