rFactor3 - Dream Big, Dream Outerra

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Would require lot of dummies to swerve lanes, making experience realistic :D

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Awww, come on now jtbo, we don't drive that poorly here in the states. We might have huge pileups, but that is because everyone thinks they are Dale Earnhart or something. :)

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I don't think there being huge variation from nation to another, those are everywhere :D

4. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Just because.. Here are some of the things imported recently

[​IMG]

This is the first aircraft imported by a user.. Try not to laugh but as you can see. WIP..

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Hmmm, the tank pic makes me wanna play "world of tanks" right now. Quite fun and addictive game.

I do have outerra installed and are a registered user. I really wanna see something happen with that engine!

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Heheh, WOT :) Too bad they made it more difficult to make any cash in that game unless you pay for premium.

As for Outerra, I think there is some great potential there if someone pursues it to it's limits.

7. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You all know, Kickbike and Kickboard, now introducing Kickplane, latest addition to Kick-series!

(grass will be sold separately)

8. Jon Hoskins

Jon Hoskins Registered

VERY nice thread! The engine has so much potential it could easily be the next BIG thing in PC gaming. Never really thought about it being used for a race sim and it's so obvious too! I wondered, seeing a very early photo of that 8x8, if they were working on a surface deformation system as well. It would be neat for off-road driving to maybe get stuck in mud, make ruts, etc. Extend that to rally racing and well... I'm pretty sure I would just delete everything else off my computer ;)

9. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Dont give them any ideas dammit. I need to cryo-freeze myself to bear all the waiting if this gets any worse.

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Things have gone quiet which usually means a big test update is coming.. Hopefully Biomes (Desert, Jungle, Plains, Savanna, etc)

I can't even imagine how hard that is going to be to implement.

11. Jon Hoskins

Jon Hoskins Registered

I know a little bit about procedural design and by the looks of things now I would think that they have the methodology in place to make it fairly easy. Just like in the real world the biomes are based on a handful of variables... altitude, latitude, water, and a few climate modifiers like a range of mountains influencing jet streams and rainfall. I bet these guys can do it ;)

12. GW Racing

GW Racing Registered

This looks and sounds amazing. But I think if you are serious about this being implemented by sim racers ISI would be the last place to push this technology. rfactor one was an amazing sim in its time but as I am sure your aware rfactor2 is a disaster. I am not sure but I suspect that ISI makes its money on other projects and rfactor 2 is something they do in their spare time. I say this because in this day and age you simply can not treat your fan base so dreadfully. I do feel sorry for Tim as the front man as he has to deal with peoples disappointment on a daily basis. I and I am sure there are many others also dabble with other sim racing titles, and you simply do not see the aloof and careless attitude from them. Its only my opinion but I think its always important to stay grounded and in touch with those who follow your endeavours, after all whats a beta after all.

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Cannot really understand. You are sure we are aware that rfactor2 is a disaster? And all of this because you feel you are mistreated?
    Dont be so sure, personally Ive left all sims aside for this, so speak for yourself.

14. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

There are indeed a few things rF2 has done wrong considering the popularity and relative ease of use of rF1 but I think once the community has its way with the gold release many will be fixed. (UI for one and mod handling via an external service most likely). Best sim experience to date is the BT on this 1975 rF2 Nordschleife in rF2. I felt like I was there. The FFB the handling. I can't wait for what is next.

BUT.. on THIS topic and outerra as a sim here is a big step..

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=1352

Guicam has released the very first drivable car for outerra in mod form. He has been at it for a few weeks tweaking the rudimentary setups to handle as close to the real data as he can. Don't expect anything "sim" worthy since a tire model isn't in place but I plan on having some fun with it!

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Good luck with your NKP mate!

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Kind of hard to get excited over a few screenshots and some short videos.

Reminds me of this. LOL

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Go download the demo or pay for the beta($15) and start messing with it. Any questions ask them on their forums.

18. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

I want it but for an hybrid between Battlefield/Flight Simulator/GTA! and i want it now!!

19. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

There are a few roads in the world that I have driven and absolutely loved, mainly in France and Wales.

If I could drive these miles and miles of roads again in Outerra in a sorted road car like a 911 GT3 RS with rF2 physics, my life would be complete.

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

With rF3 physics it would be even better.

Now if there would be GTA traffic, shooting things, battlefield / armed assault first person thing and flight simulator with missiles, bombs and stuff, that would be quite interesting combination that might sell more than anything has ever sold. It would be a true world simulator, even without shooting and guns it would be immersive, but to sell it needs to have guns and shooting things. Terrain deformation and destoyable buildings like red faction / silent storm would keep kids on it for very long time, guns could sell for monthly fee and nothing would stop flow of money.

Well, might be tad expensive to make such happen too, but think about possibilities, some could put out forest fires, some haul dirt that they dig out, others have racing related activities, would be quite big thing.

I think that some day such might happen, but also I think that it might not be very near, for such massive project there would be needed to have different companies working together as some would do flight sim, some would do car sim, then making all those working together, really big challenge. For buildings etc. probably community would be one that is needed to make those.

I really would like to have Hunter kind of open world thing, that was great game upon it's time.

But just to have all those roads in rFactor physics, that alone would be something really impressive.